This gets tiring after a while!!!!!!

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
VSOP said:
Its just like the talk of what the limits for the Aluminum blocks are.. Its all talk in my book
Bingo. Want to know the limits of the aluminum blocks? Call Mihovetz.

3V_V8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
VSOP said:
Its just like the talk of what the limits for the Aluminum blocks are.. Its all talk in my book

I especially love the one thread over at the nazi site about how a FORD engineer said that the Teksid aluminum blocks were not as strong as the new WAP versions. Thats why terminator cobra guys are running 1000hp twin turbo setups w/ Teksid rebuilds right?

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
3V_V8 said:
VSOP said:

I especially love the one thread over at the nazi site about how a FORD engineer said that the Teksid aluminum blocks were not as strong as the new WAP versions. Thats why terminator cobra guys are running 1000hp twin turbo setups w/ Teksid rebuilds right?
I hate to get into to this bench race - but the fact that the termi guys can do that does not say anything about the WAP block...

It mearly shows that the teksid can take it... I don't think too many people with a clue are questioning that...

Whether the WAP an or not has not had enough time/miles to show equivalent staying power...

3V_V8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
cekim said:
3V_V8 said:
VSOP said:

I hate to get into to this bench race - but the fact that the termi guys can do that does not say anything about the WAP block...

It mearly shows that the teksid can take it... I don't think too many people with a clue are questioning that...

Whether the WAP an or not has not had enough time/miles to show equivalent staying power...

Oh I am certain that WAP blocks can hold up the power too, but like VSOP was saying on the limits of a aluminum block that thread came to mind from the other place.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, some people say 600rwhp reliably--others say 800rwhp--others say even higher. Regardless I don't think I have ever heard of our new aluminum block ever failing---ever. (Except when rods are used put holes in the block)

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think the thing that some people on that thread at the Nazi site were not getting is that the Teksid block is a proven block, that doesn't mean that our stock blocks will not be able to hold up to the same about of power, it means that no one really knows yet because no one is doing it yet and most people when sinking a lot of money into a short block that they want to use to make big power want to use proven parts for piece of mind.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back