Thoughts on this 2011 Mustang GT

jimmy120

Reaction score
Good evening! Hopefully soon to be upgrading to a 2011 Mustang GT premium w/ lots of goodies, 72k miles, and $16k price tag. Thoughts? Is the Tremec transmission different from stock or is that what they come with? Thoughts on the Tremec tranny?

List of goodies:

Mustang came stock with:
-Ingot metallic silver
-Brembo Brake package
-6 Speed manual Tremec transmission with 3:73 rear gear option
-19" Wheels
-Full leather interior with power front seats and seat heaters, seats have grabber blue accent strips
-Both keys included

Fully customize over the last 10 years and these items are include:
-Upgraded Shelby 19" rims with Teflon coating and Goodyear Indy Firehawk high performance tires

-Complete Stalker body package from Cervini with custom paint and carbon fiber wrapping on hood and trunk. The body kit is molded hard plastic and extremely durable and holds an excellent paint finish. I have had not issues with it since I installed it in 2016. I have added some custom, touches to the front bumper, including adding bolts to the lower daytime running lights to give them a better attachment over double sided tape.

-Blue Carbon fiber wrapped dash board and interior with added interior LED lighting floor lighting and upgraded LED map lights. Mustang and metal 5.0 plate installed on passenger dash.
-Ford Performance short throw shifter, carbon boot with brace. This shortened the shifter but also eliminated that gear miss that mustangs have at higher RPM due to the slight twist of the transmission.
-Ford Performance aluminum differential cover

-Custom grill work with function original fog lights, additional "Eleanor" style fog lights and front grill multi LED lighting
-APR Performance front functional carbon splitter installed with braces and in perfect condition
This splitter is real carbon fiber with a protective front edge that is replaceable. It is braced and flexible to allow for minor hits without any damage.

-Brembo Brake calipers and guards have been powder coated race red and stainless steel braided brake line upgrade

-Complete Eibach suspension upgrade with rear lowered 2' and front 1.5"
-Upgrade Anti-Roll ball joint kit, Whiteline front sway bar end links, and J&M adjustable bump steer kit
-Upgraded panhard bar with adjustment
-Custom "FORD" stitching in front seat head rest
-Corbeau 3-Point racing harness
-Complete custom show quality underhood paint addition with multiple decals attached to radiator cover.
-Signature Series Sequential Light Bar Projector Headlight upgrade to HID with LED marker strips (standard on 2012 editions and up)
-BBK cold air intake
-Additional air intake spacer
Granatelli Motor Sports 4V Street Fighter Coil and upgrade spark plugs
-Oil air separator installed on both cylinder banks
-BBK short headers with Magna Flow X pipe and Magna Flow RTR powder coated exhaust
-Ford Performance Aluminum one piece driveshaft
-Underbody braces at front/rear of driveshaft
-Trunk shock tower body brace with operational green LED lighting installed
-RTR upgrade rear truck carpet and front floor mats
-Sound proofed interior and trunk.
-Bama tunes custom tune for the currently installed performance equipment and included controller with 3 installed tunes (stock, performance, race) You have the ability to switch between any of the tunes in 5 minutes. Upgraded tunes can be purchased from American Muscle if new equipment is added. I have used both upgraded tunes at times and it was like driving a completely different car when I replaced the stock tune with one of these!
-Kenwood satellite stereo (upgraded sat antenna installed) CD/DVD player with OBI connection for vehicle interior controls, troubleshooting, stat tracking, performance numbers, and front and rear facing cameras installed - Front camera installed to assist in parking and driving over low areas to watch front splitter. Dash cam is included with hidden wiring. All speakers were upgraded.
-4 point racing harness installed (rear seatbelt mount was used and removed belt will be included)
-APR Performance Carbon fiber mirrors with puddle jumper lights
-Car cover is include (rated for indoor storage)
-Exterior FM/AM radio antenna has been removed and filled in excellently. You would never know that it had ever been there.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
Good evening! Hopefully soon to be upgrading to a 2011 Mustang GT premium w/ lots of goodies, 72k miles, and $16k price tag. Thoughts? Is the Tremec transmission different from stock or is that what they come with? Thoughts on the Tremec tranny?

List of goodies:

Mustang came stock with:
-Ingot metallic silver
-Brembo Brake package
-19" Wheels
-Full leather interior with power front seats and seat heaters, seats have grabber blue accent strips
-Both keys included

2011 GT came stock with an Getrag MT82 6 speed transmission, not a Tremec

DieHarder

Reaction score

List of goodies:

Mustang came stock with:
-Ingot metallic silver
-Brembo Brake package
-19" Wheels
-Both keys included

Fully customize over the last 10 years and these items are include:
-Upgraded Shelby 19" rims with Teflon coating and Goodyear Indy Firehawk high performance tires

-Complete Stalker body package from Cervini with custom paint and carbon fiber wrapping on hood and trunk. The body kit is molded hard plastic and extremely durable and holds an excellent paint finish. I have had not issues with it since I installed it in 2016. I have added some custom, touches to the front bumper, including adding bolts to the lower daytime running lights to give them a better attachment over double sided tape.

-Blue Carbon fiber wrapped dash board and interior with added interior LED lighting floor lighting and upgraded LED map lights. Mustang and metal 5.0 plate installed on passenger dash.
-Ford Performance short throw shifter, carbon boot with brace. This shortened the shifter but also eliminated that gear miss that mustangs have at higher RPM due to the slight twist of the transmission.
-Ford Performance aluminum differential cover

-Custom grill work with function original fog lights, additional "Eleanor" style fog lights and front grill multi LED lighting
-APR Performance front functional carbon splitter installed with braces and in perfect condition
This splitter is real carbon fiber with a protective front edge that is replaceable. It is braced and flexible to allow for minor hits without any damage.

-Brembo Brake calipers and guards have been powder coated race red and stainless steel braided brake line upgrade

-Complete Eibach suspension upgrade with rear lowered 2' and front 1.5"
-Upgrade Anti-Roll ball joint kit, Whiteline front sway bar end links, and J&M adjustable bump steer kit
-Upgraded panhard bar with adjustment
-Custom "FORD" stitching in front seat head rest
-Corbeau 3-Point racing harness
-Complete custom show quality underhood paint addition with multiple decals attached to radiator cover.
-Signature Series Sequential Light Bar Projector Headlight upgrade to HID with LED marker strips (standard on 2012 editions and up)
-BBK cold air intake
-Additional air intake spacer
Granatelli Motor Sports 4V Street Fighter Coil and upgrade spark plugs
-Oil air separator installed on both cylinder banks
-BBK short headers with Magna Flow X pipe and Magna Flow RTR powder coated exhaust
-Ford Performance Aluminum one piece driveshaft
-Underbody braces at front/rear of driveshaft
-Trunk shock tower body brace with operational green LED lighting installed
-RTR upgrade rear truck carpet and front floor mats
-Sound proofed interior and trunk.
-Bama tunes custom tune for the currently installed performance equipment and included controller with 3 installed tunes (stock, performance, race) You have the ability to switch between any of the tunes in 5 minutes. Upgraded tunes can be purchased from American Muscle if new equipment is added. I have used both upgraded tunes at times and it was like driving a completely different car when I replaced the stock tune with one of these!
-Kenwood satellite stereo (upgraded sat antenna installed) CD/DVD player with OBI connection for vehicle interior controls, troubleshooting, stat tracking, performance numbers, and front and rear facing cameras installed - Front camera installed to assist in parking and driving over low areas to watch front splitter. Dash cam is included with hidden wiring. All speakers were upgraded.
-4 point racing harness installed (rear seatbelt mount was used and removed belt will be included)
-APR Performance Carbon fiber mirrors with puddle jumper lights
-Car cover is include (rated for indoor storage)
-Exterior FM/AM radio antenna has been removed and filled in excellently. You would never know that it had ever been there.

Pics?

13v6

Reaction score
With those mods, there's every chance it's been run ragged.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Id walk on by seeing its been tuned by BAMA. Swap tunes in 5 minutes? I highly doubt that.

AztroRover

Reaction score
Yeah, so many things added that can all go wrong. Thing is, when you put them on yourself, you know where to go for fixes, whereas when someone else did them... -Good Luck! My 2 pennies, buy one stock and then do it up your way.

jimmy120

Reaction score
With those mods, there's every chance it's been run ragged.
Possibly for sure. The guy is in his 40's, which I know doesn't matter but he is not a teen. He has owned it since new, always garaged, all maintenance records.

jimmy120

Reaction score
2011 GT came stock with an Getrag MT82 6 speed transmission, not a Tremec
I figured that out and asked him about it, and he said someone had told him it was a Tremec. I let him know it is a Getrag (huck of poop).

OX1

forum member
Reaction score
I figured that out and asked him about it, and he said someone had told him it was a Tremec. I let him know it is a Getrag (huck of poop).

That would be the deal breaker for me. Modded up car is not necessarily a no-go, but the owner better know every tiny detail on it.

EVERY fluid change, exactly what was put in and when, since it was new. All documentation and receipts. If not, pass. If so, then you know they were all over keeping up after it, know exactly what mods are done, and who did them. I still have folders with car receipts, I sold 20 odd years ago.

golkhl

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe the MT82 blew up and was replaced/upgraded with a Tremec?

For what its worth, you are better off finding a stock, low mileage car, and modifying it to your liking as time and finances allow.

Back