2005-09 Mirror Painting

DanB

Reaction score
I am trying to think of a way to do something about the horrible side (truck) mirrors Ford put on my Mustang. Sadly all the after parts manufactures quit making replacement color matched mirrors.

Has anyone tried to sand and prep the factory mirrors for paint? My thought is buy a set, start sanding with, I don't know, 800 grit then work my way down to 2000 grit and hopefully get s smooth surface and then paint them.

Has anyone tried this? And painters out there think this is even a viable option?
Thanks
Dan

GriffX

Reaction score
I painted the "upper insert" in the color of my stripes and the rest black. I decided not to sand the structure off, makes it much easier.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
I am trying to think of a way to do something about the horrible side (truck) mirrors Ford put on my Mustang. Sadly all the after parts manufactures quit making replacement color matched mirrors.

Has anyone tried to sand and prep the factory mirrors for paint? My thought is buy a set, start sanding with, I don't know, 800 grit then work my way down to 2000 grit and hopefully get s smooth surface and then paint them.

Has anyone tried this? And painters out there think this is even a viable option?
Thanks
Dan
Manufacturers stopped the color match years ago due to aging inventory sitting on shelves. Everything comes black and gets painted to match as needed.

Miker

Reaction score

Thanks
Dan
I like the way the mirrors look on the 2005 forward Mustangs. The mirrors blend well with the entire look of the car.
I have always wanted a Challenger and to me the mirrors on that vehicle are hideous. The Mustang mirrors don't look like a stuck on afterthought like the Challenger mirrors.
Opinions are like assholes. Truck mirrors? Blasphemy!

MrBhp

Reaction score
I wonder if I can fit these on the mustang. Asking for a friend.

Screenshot_20240621_203435_Chrome.jpg

CrashDevine

Reaction score

Thanks
Dan
Just got done painting mirrors and they look good
Good

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back