2005 Engine Wiring Harness Plugs

justinlp31

Reaction score
So there is a similar thread but not quite what I'm after. Just picked up a 2005 GT. Car had an engine fire so harness, PCM, ECM, all that jazz got replaced, allegedly the engine too. Car used to also be an auto car but now its a 5 speed fully correctly swapped as far as I can tell. Been going through it and have found two plugs that I cannot figure out where they go or what they are for. First is a single pin plug that splits off where the MAF, Throttle Body Sensor, Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor, ect. all split. The other is on the passenger side, grey single pin as well underneath the coolant hose. I believe the grey is a ground but I would like to know for sure and how to go about getting theses sorted out. Doesn't seem to affect the car at all. Will mention at this time the car does not have A/C hooked up as it does not have a condenser in it. Thanks.

IMG_5231.JPG

IMG_5232.JPG

IMG_5233.JPG

IMG_5234.jpg

MADGT

forum member
Reaction score
Looking at my 2006, it apprears both, pax and driver side small cables you identified to be connected to a small black box as you see in the first pic. A closer look at the box part #, it appears to be: Ford 5W7Z-18801-AA Capacitor Assy - Radio Suppression

A google search states: The radio suppression capacitor reduces the interference (the pops and squeals that old cars had in their radios) that can occur in the radio from the ignition system

53960978374_0e2e68b5da_k.jpg

53960656871_9cbff96c61_k.jpg

53960656881_00a23c205e_k.jpg

A

Last edited:

justinlp31

Reaction score
Thanks a ton, based off the part number description I'm not noticing any of that so I'll probably just leave them be because I didn't see that box, I'll take another look and hook them up if it's there. I just wanted to make sure they weren't something too terribly important. As I said the car seems fine but is still a little bit off as I'm still working through some gremlins like a random rich and then once cleared a random lean code from the O2, first start/cold start hiccups/stutter and the EVAP sensor at the tank. Which all could be related.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back