2006 GT Water Crossover Gasket fitting Kit

saleen836

forum member
Reaction score
(Appologies if I have the wrong name for the part in the title)

On my 06 Saleen I need to remove the water crossover pipe to access the filler bolt for the supercharger to drain/refil the oil, I have been told the gasket fitting kit for this is discontinued by Ford but have ordered this kit from Suumit Racing... https://www.summitracing.com/parts/MAH-GS33677

The part is on back order and they have informed me it is expected to ship on 02/08/24, most places I have looked say the same thing 'out of stock' and being in the UK it is very dificult to get hold of parts, if after the expected shipping date they inform me they can't get the part, anyone know of anywhere that is likely to have what I need?

Miker

Reaction score
2/8/24 has come and gone. Your link says August 12 2024 is the expected ship date. I wouldn't take it apart until you have the parts to reassemble it.

saleen836

forum member
Reaction score
Even with it being Aug 2nd. Verify the correct part before taking apart
Will be getting some decent gasket sealant as well, am hoping to re-use the exisitng gaskets but if the parts don't fit once it is apart a good sealant will be used rather than have the car off the road and stuck in the repair shop for weeks/months while I try to get hold of a fitting kit

lenko

Reaction score
You don't need sealant with the Crossover for the Saleen. The rubber or neoprene gaskets fit into a grove and extrude out a bit to seal to engine block. At least that's how mine fit when I installed the Saleen VI super charger. This is the crossover I had to replace with the one for the Saleen, but the gaskets are the same on the Saleen Crossover.

IMG_20240528_075832.jpg

saleen836

forum member
Reaction score
You don't need sealant with the Crossover for the Saleen. The rubber or neoprene gaskets fit into a grove and extrude out a bit to seal to engine block. At least that's how mine fit when I installed the Saleen VI super charger. This is the crossover I had to replace with the one for the Saleen, but the gaskets are the same on the Saleen Crossover.

View attachment 98131
I do need sealant, as I mentioned earlier in this thread if the existing gaskets are damaged through age and/or I can't get new gaskets I will use a good sealant

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back