ABS Connector and wiring Deletion?

Larryfishes53

Reaction score
Can I eliminate my ABS Connector and wiring as I have already eliminated my power brakes and went with a strange engineering master cylinder?… the ABS module, and all of my brake lines have been taken off the car, and new brake lines installed. Trying to keep my unnecessary wiring to a minimum, but don’t want to screw myself and remove something I should not. When can I take this out the garage when you wiggle wiggle wiggle there’s something up with my phone now it’s charging now. It’s almost fully charged because I turned it off and turned it back on if I did too too.image.jpg

Autokyrios

Reaction score
If you've already gone the route of making a dedicated track car, no, there's no issue. Since you've already removed the ABS module, I'm assuming the connector is just freeloading in your engine bay and making your computer confused by its lack of return calls to the module. There's a power and ground in there (possibly also a constant hot) so I wouldn't just chop it off without properly insulating the bare ends. If you really wanted to be thorough you can break open the loom and chase out all the wires to their pins...name them after your regrets and then yank them out one by one...but it's up to you.

Or you could just leave it in there. It doesn't weigh anything consequential. You could give it a nickname and curse at it. Give it the finger every time you crawl in the engine bay. Celebrate your race gains and purposefully remark how it didn't help, or blame your losses on it and threaten that tomorrow you'll kill it. Get your therapy wherever you can man...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back