Anyone have a contact w/SCT??

Tim Burns

Reaction score
Tried messaging SCT several time about an issue with the tuner that I know is the tuner having an issue. Have not got a response in three weeks and I am dead in the water. Tuner has been updated with the latest updates. Gauges will not load, showing errors that have been cleared after the tuner says they have been cleared. Only loads to about 93% then shuts down. Any help appreciated. I hate that they have terrible customer service now and have to email them without ever getting a response/answer or problem solved.

Reaction score
Tried messaging SCT several time about an issue with the tuner that I know is the tuner having an issue. Have not got a response in three weeks and I am dead in the water. Tuner has been updated with the latest updates. Gauges will not load, showing errors that have been cleared after the tuner says they have been cleared. Only loads to about 93% then shuts down. Any help appreciated. I hate that they have terrible customer service now and have to email them without ever getting a response/answer or problem solved.
Without knowing more about the device or your experience with using it...

Which model of SCT tuner do you have, i.e. X4?
Was the car returned to the stock tune before you updated the tuning device?
Are you trying upload an SCT canned tune or a custom tune from another tunning shop?
Are you using the SCT support portal?
Is this the email that you are using? [email protected]

I certainly agree, vendors need to respond in a timely manner, even if it is simply to acknowledge your issue.

Tim Burns

Reaction score
Sorry I should have put more info in original message. It is the X4. I was not trying to add a new tune of any kind I just updated the tuner to get the most updated versions. After the update is when the problems started. I probably should have put the car back to stock before the update.

Reaction score
Sorry I should have put more info in original message. It is the X4. I was not trying to add a new tune of any kind I just updated the tuner to get the most updated versions. After the update is when the problems started. I probably should have put the car back to stock before the update.

I typically make sure I have time to return the car to the stock tune, update the device, and then re-apply any tune that I want on the car. Have you tried to re-apply the stock tune? I don't know if there is a way to recover from this on your own, but I think some people have gone to a dealer to re-apply the stock tune. Does the car run? How modified is the car?

JC SSP

Reaction score
Have you tried to call SCT or one of their author dealers?

Always have a battery charger connected when uploading or returning to stock. You could “Brick” the computer if the systems falls below voltage.

Reaction score
Have you tried to call SCT or one of their author dealers?

Always have a battery charger connected when uploading or returning to stock. You could “Brick” the computer if the systems falls below voltage.

keeping a battery charger connected when applying tunes or returning to stock is definitely cheap insurance.

Tim Burns

Reaction score
Car is running fine on the current tune. Only mods are exhaust, 2021 Intake 175 shot of No2.
I just cant change anything right now from what is currently on car. I may try a local dealer and see if they can help. No word at all from SCT after 3 weeks and 3 emails.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are you trying to update it thru wifi or connected to a laptop? Mine will absolutely not update connected to a laptop.

Tim Burns

Reaction score
I typically make sure I have time to return the car to the stock tune, update the device, and then re-apply any tune that I want on the car. Have you tried to re-apply the stock tune? I don't know if there is a way to recover from this on your own, but I think some people have gone to a dealer to re-apply the stock tune. Does the car run? How modified is the car?
Unable to change anything as far as tune goes. after it attempts to load only making it to 93% screen goes blank.

Back