Auto ppl with tubular K-member

K

killerofahonda

I recently installed my JBA LTs and there is very little clearance to the stock k-member. With "spirited" driving they hit the k-member and occassionally my steering shaft.
I've been told that some solid motor mounts would help keep the engine in its place or maybe even the JDM mounts that are cut down.

So i was figuring why not just swap in a lighter tubular k-member with the solid mounts included?

1. What are the pros/cons to running a tubular k-member with an auto?
2. Who all makes tubular k-members? BMR, Granatelli

Any info/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

V

VSOP

I love my BMR unit but I am stick..

Stiffer mounts with an auto will add some vibration...

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I have the BMR K-member and I really like it. The only con for me is that I no longer have a center jack point like I did with the stock K-member. For pros, it's lighter and there is much much room down there. Here is a comparison pic of the two.

BTW... I wouldn't give Granatelli a single nickel of my money. :fu:

Last edited:

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have JBA's with the BMR K-Member in a stick car with a Saleen S/C and a Steeda Race Hood.
I'm not sure if the Saleen S/C would fit under the stock hood. The Steeda Race Hood also needs to be modified to fit the S/C.
I love the K-Member. Good bang for your buck when you consider the price of the motor mounts alone.

K

killerofahonda

So how much of a vibration are we talking about?

Will the vibration be worse since i have a stall converter?

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I feel more vibration from my LCAs than I do from the front of the car. But, it doesn't bother me at all.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back