Couple questions after seeing the 2011 in Chicago

Embalmer

Amateur Expert
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I took a few underbody pics and had a couple questions if anyone knows the answers. First, What's up with the wire connecting the exhaust pipes between the muffler and axle pipe?

100_3369.jpg

Second, what about the spring between the h pipe?

100_3364.jpg

Notice the built in resonators?

100_3368.jpg

viciousride

Needing more power!
Reaction score
Second, what about the spring between the h pipe?

100_3364.jpg

Not sure what's up with the cable connection between pipes in the first pic. My guess is to hold alignment of the two exhaust pipes prior to clamping them together.

The second pic is an expansion joint (flex tube) connection.

RDK

forum member
Reaction score

what other NEW info? pics of lower rear arms? or front control arms?

Ryan

Beauch

New Car / Old School
Reaction score
The motor has factory headers and they have a squish area in the round tube to fit into the chassis. We talked to the motor developer in Chicago for about 1/2 hour and he says they did a lot of little things to pull 400 Hp out of the car and that it will be a pain to make changes because everything is so tight in the car.

Also, the single overdrive six-speed is awesome. Supplied by Getrag.

If they could only fix the rear body lines I would order a 2011 vert.

/\/\@TT

Reaction score
Could the cable connection be a grounding strap of some sort?
Maybe they need an electrical path through the pipes around the clamp?
but that's just WAG

lonebear

Reaction score
Could the cable connection be a grounding strap of some sort?
Maybe they need an electrical path through the pipes around the clamp?
but that's just WAG

Agreed. Electronics don't take well with noisy ground loops.

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Maybe, but at first glance, I thought it looked like a "safety strap." Perhaps someone doesn't want the exhaust coming off. I just don't see the reasoning behind an auxiliary "conductor," when all the pieces behind the headers are isloated with rubber bushings and have no place in the vehicle's circuitry anyway.

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
I just don't see the reasoning behind an auxiliary "conductor," when all the pieces behind the headers are isloated with rubber bushings and have no place in the vehicle's circuitry anyway.

Don't forget the O2 sensors though..do they ground through the sensor's body? Honestly I'm not too familiar with them.

But I agree, it looks..unnecessary. Pre-production cars can be a little rough around the edges, but it's kind of odd that it would arrive at a show like that on a car specifically showing the undercarriage. I assume that's where the H-pipe and the header join?

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the O2 sensors though..do they ground through the sensor's body? Honestly I'm not too familiar with them.

But I agree, it looks..unnecessary. Pre-production cars can be a little rough around the edges, but it's kind of odd that it would arrive at a show like that on a car specifically showing the undercarriage. I assume that's where the H-pipe and the header join?

Yeah, maybe on a 1 wire O2 but not on a 4 wire. Check each of those wires: Heater (+/-) and Sensor (+/-). It has an isolated sensor ground.

It looks like it's on the axle back, which is how I drew my conclusion. Notice the bend in the (over the axle) pipe.

circusboy

forum member
Reaction score
pic 1 is bonding jumper or safety strap. pic 2 maybe it's corregated piping to change the flow charactoristics of the exhaust gases.

Something tells me these cars are going to be a pain to mod and very expensive to mod as well.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Maybe the clamp and/or pipe connection is not metal-to-metal, and it's a grounding strap. If some non-metalic leak-prevention connection is used, I could see where they'd want the grounding strap to be there, for safety to discharge possible static build-up.

Royski

forum member
Reaction score
I feel the aftermarket is going to have trouble coming up with stuff that actually shows gains on these cars.

jroc07gt

its orange not yellow!!
Reaction score
I feel the aftermarket is going to have trouble coming up with stuff that actually shows gains on these cars.

There's plenty that can be done and show gains, it's just that the cheapest ones have already been done at the factory.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back