Does anyone make a GT500 TB/KB adapter available now

CBRAKLR

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an adapter that is currently available for the GT500 throttle bodys being used with Kenne Bells?

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I doubt it from KB but think someone with a kit will do it. KB themselves made a dual 75mm to replace the stock GT500 TB on their GT500 kit. I can't see them going from the 90mm lightning to the GT500 dual 60mm adampter type version for the 4.6. I think it is more feasible they will fab up an adapter for the 4.6 but since they are going to be psuhig their dual 75mm, I don't think it's a prioirty right now over there. Can always call and ask. I know they are working on this exact TB for the 4.6 and are supposed to be very close to production...

http://www.kennebell.net/superchargers/ford/Shelby/Shelby.htm

Last edited:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
no one currently. who dont you goto a machince shop after youve taken your measurments and have one fabbed up for you?

CBRAKLR

Reaction score
Ok, here is what I just went through. I called Kenne Bell and talked to Mike I believe. I asked him what was going on with the throttle bodies. He said that they had some loki duel blade throttle bodies that went out for testing and failed due to a bushing that was missing from the betas (ncblack, etc.). That has been scrapped and they are now working with loki on a single blade beast but it will be "months" before it is available if not longer. The GT500 KB kit is actually using modified GT duel 75s. Kenne Bell was easy to get a hold of and very helpful. Anyways, I was bummed and called JDM to see if they had an adapter yet for the GT500 TB/KB....I talked to Ryan and he said yes. I asked him are you sure at least 10 times...So I ordered but I dont believe him because he said they are universal...hummm, I dont think so. I shot Jim III a PM and asked him. I dont want to use a BBK.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My feelings towards JDM aside, that seems fishy that the saleen adapter is 'universal' and will work on the KB. Maybe so, but I don't believe it.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the adapter that JDM sells wont fit the KB as per jim Jr from mod fords. it needs to be modified

Last edited:

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
saleen adapter is 'universal'

WTF? :shock: What Saleen adapter??? I called them right after I got my SC and asked them if they had an adapter to bolt on a bigger TB and the reply I got was that the stock TB was good enough, so no there is no adapter!

Is it me, or does Saleen technical support just royally suck mule dicks???

Thx,

Mike

Q

qwkcoupe

WTF? :shock: What Saleen adapter??? I called them right after I got my SC and asked them if they had an adapter to bolt on a bigger TB and the reply I got was that the stock TB was good enough, so no there is no adapter!

Is it me, or does Saleen technical support just royally suck mule dicks???

Thx,

Mike

That kind of response makes me :sick: . Everyone knows that when thottle bodies are on the atmopheric side of a forced induction application they need to be bigger than on the forced air side for the same given pound of air flow pre-post throttle body pressure/flow loss (pounds of air, not CFM, makes torque, which we derive horsepower from), furthermore, therefor unto subsequently I subpossitionaly believe they are the ones in fact :sick: all in fun, they probably don't give whirlwind of an answer to a typical question. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That kind of response makes me :sick: . Everyone knows that when thottle bodies are on the atmopheric side of a forced induction application they need to be bigger than on the forced air side for the same given pound of air flow pre-post throttle body pressure/flow loss (pounds of air, not CFM, makes torque, which we derive horsepower from), furthermore, therefor unto subsequently I subpossitionaly believe they are the ones in fact :sick: all in fun, they probably don't give whirlwind of an answer to a typical question. :)

Here is the text of my question to them and their reply (names removed...):

Mike,

Even on our Extreme car with 12 lbs of boost, we have not found a significant HP increase using a larger throttle body. We don't have any products to support larger throttle bodies at this time.

Regards,

XXXXXXXXX
Saleen Inc.

Sent: Sun 7/9/2006 8:47 AM
To: Techline
Subject: aftermarket throttle bodies for Saleen SC

I have your Saleen Series VI integrated TwinScrew supercharger with two-stage water-to-air intercooling system on my 2006 Mustang GT. I love it!!

I had an aftermarket throttlebody on the car prior to installing the Saleen. However it won't fit on the Saleen intake so I am running my stock TB.

Is there a 1" spacer or a specific aftermarket TB that will fit my Saleen SC intake?

Thx,

Mike

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i meant the JDM adapter. i edited my psot to reflect. the JDM adapter does not fit a KB without modification

Q

qwkcoupe

You know Mike, the only thing I have to say, is if you guys are convinced that the throttle bodies are needed, which there is math and testing proceedures to empirically figure out if the air speed velocity is too high, then I'd expect Saleen to say, yeah we have tested air flow / pressure / cfm delta drop accross the throttle body and we are getting XXX amount, thus we don't recommend the costs to reduce the delta drop to XXX amount because the RWHP would increase only XXX amount, which could be made up for by spending the same or less $$ on XYZ part needed elsewhere on the car. You came to them trying to make more power, or recycle an expendature on parts, and they didn't help you or anyone here other than to have us fill our cup somewhere else.

Fastmover

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Call the shop in NJ ask for JIM JR. It is a custom piece, billet allunimum I believe, pretty trick, or you can get one from them at the track, they carry them to all FFW events!

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Josh, I'm really looking forward to your findings! After having the GT500 TB in my hands, I can see that it's a huge improvement over the stocker!

It's also very nicely priced!

Fastmover

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
You know you can order a 62 mm tb for a F250 5.4L for 100 and change, same part half the cost!

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's also very nicely priced!
One of these days I'd like to figure out the math behind ford's OEM part pricing...

Stuff that _could_ cost a bundle doesn't, stuff that _should_ not often does...

You'd assume it had something to do with volume, but I have run into examples that seem to defy that thinking too - but maybe that was just a change in plans somewhere and they are sitting on a huge stock of V10/5.4L TBs and oil pumps somewhere?

BTW - I heard mention of the KB cooking the eletronics/motor of the larger TB - was that a red herring?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back