Drove one of those wheel hooping pieces of crap today

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
THey call it a 350Z. Man it had some power but as soon as wheels started spinning along came some serious wheel hop, then the slipping clutch when going to next gear. It was a cool little car and it ends right there.

Aso Drove a Mits Elcipse V-6GT would spin the tires from dead stop with no problem at all, pulls hard up to about 70, then just kind of stars going away.

another neat car, but just that beer can feel to it......same as the Z. TO sell a Mustang GT for a 350Z is just plain crazy, one is a car and the other is a, well it's like apples and lemons....lol

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I considered the Z when I was shopping last year, prior to settling on the Stang....but the lack of torque, the lack of V8 sound, and it just plain ain't as sweet lookin' as our beloved S197.

I've had some hellacious wheelwhen getting wheelspin, especially when in the wet too, however. How do I cure wheelhop?

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oh, and the Z don't have a rear seat...where would my twin babies ride?

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do yu have wheel hop now?

I considered the Z when I was shopping last year, prior to settling on the Stang....but the lack of torque, the lack of V8 sound, and it just plain ain't as sweet lookin' as our beloved S197.

I've had some hellacious wheelwhen getting wheelspin, especially when in the wet too, however. How do I cure wheelhop?

I have never had any problems with this car, but I have read about namy people that do here, and the general consensus is that Lower and Upper control arms are the weak link here, an predimonently the lower.

Wheel hop is causeb by the rear end winding up and unwiding. What I mean is that the rear axle rotates as far as it can and when it can rotate any further it is in such a bind that it pops back the opposite direction. That is one hop and it continues to do that over and over which gives you the hopping sensation......its like grab, slip, grab, slip, :rock: Hope this Helps

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back