Dynojet wideband commander install advice PLEASE

cheftjpeck

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok, any wideband commander install experts..please weigh in with advice: the install seems pretty straight forward. few questions I have are...
I plan on installing the commander unit under my dash by my left leg (near the tuner input plug area) anything I need to be concerned about installing here..(mind you my car is an auto so clutch pedal movement is not a factor...also..do I need to install the toggle switch> what is gained by installing that...also...should install the tach wire? is this beneficial.???any and all advice would be greatly appreciated...TJ

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
Toggle switch is for data logging into the widebands memory, if I remember correctly. You won't need it if you are using your laptop. Yes you should hook up the tach. Program it to 1 cylinder and hook up the wire to a - on one coil pack. You should also hook up the TPS. I installed mine with velcro onto the amp under the dash to the left of the clutch.

Last edited:

cheftjpeck

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Toggle switch is for data logging into the widebands memory, if I remember correctly. You won't need it if you are using your laptop. Yes you should hook up the tach. Program it to 1 cylinder and hook up the wire to a - on one coil pack. You should also hook up the TPS. I installed mine with velcro onto the amp under the dash to the left of the clutch.

thanks for the install tip...Program it to 1 cylinder???huh?? see this is where I get lost....hook up the wire to a coil pack where??where is the coil pack...also what about the electric install for the light and gauge etc...where did you wire that to...under the hood or is there a place under the dash...please advise..>TJ

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
35684d1170867771-looking-for-12v-switched-ign-circuit-a-and-c-are-switched.jpg

I used "C" from this pic. Thanks again Don! I cut down a std. spade connector to a small V like a leg on the stock mini fuses, then I stuck it into the hot side of this switched circuit, ran the wire under the dash and split it off to a fuse for each added gauge. This slot does not cut out when the engine is cranking.

Last edited:

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
For all your gauge lights, pop out the panel that your headlight switch is in with a credit card. Tap the yellow wire with the blue tracer and you are good to go.

cheftjpeck

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the help....the hot side of the fues is...the right I think..but i will use a test light anyhow...so does not matter....hey what about the bung...I have kooks long tube...where do i tell them to put the bung..I know its gotta be between 9-3 oclock and at an angle per instructions..I am thinking right before my cats...thanks again....TJ

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hopefully they will know where the bung goes, but if they don't tell them to put it before the cats.

Where you are putting yours is the same place I put mine. Stuffed up under the dash by the OBD II connector. Just found a place it fit and secured it with tie wraps. Then routed the USB cable along the underside of the dash, under the center console, and bundled it up between the console and the seat.

As for where to hook the RPM sensor wire, hook it up just like a shift light. To one of the green wires on a COP.

RedFury

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Where do you pick up the TPS signal at? I'm a little worried that the sensors on the throttle body will be disturbed by connecting a load to them.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back