Fuel support for 700+ rwhp...

CBRAKLR

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea if the duel gt500 pumps will flow enough to support 700-800 rwhp?? I have the kit on order but have my concerns.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I'm sure there will be arguments for both answers, but I had read where guys with Shelby GT500's have hit the wall at around 600rwhp, and have swapped out their pumps.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
they are rated for 600rwhp. the problem then lies in the stock fuel lines. PMP has a 900 GT supercar pump system that includes new -8an fuel lines and fuel rails. this is what im using for my new motor. i sold my gt500 system because it will not be adequate enough for my requirements. just rememebr the fuel system is not something you want to skimp on. you can never have too much fuel pressure. one lean condition and it could cause major damage

Slofoot

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You can upgrade the lines and swap the pumps in the GT500 kit (which are basically 2 stock Mustang GT pumps) with two Ford GT super car pumps and be golden at 700 rwhp or so I've been told. That is my plan anyway.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the GT500 pumps with -8 lines in the car and CPR rails with #60 injectors and it's been fine so far. As I turn the car up, perhaps the GT supercar pumps will be in order but I really don't think so. KB made 800 rwhp on a GT500 with their kit and the GT500 pumps with their dual 75mm TB.

I think -8 lines and rails and you'll be good with them.

If you plan on going for big power then mocking up a return system is the way to go.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the PMP system consistes of twin GT Supercar pumps in the basket with upgraded wiring to each. there are 2 feeds coming out of the basket (gt500 kit has 1) that feed a y block. the y block is attatched to a -8an rubber pushlok hose that is rated for 2500psi. this gets run to the front of the car where it hits a second y block which splits the fuel back and feeds each furl rail individually, without the need of a crossover. this ensures the passengerside of the car will get as much fuel as the drivers side, with no pressure drop from one side of the motor to the other, as often found with crossovers with fuel systems. also, with both rails being fed seperately, if 1 GT pump should fail, it iwll still feed both sides of the motor adequately to get you home, vs a crossover where the drivers side will suck more fuel than can be reached to the pass side.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the PMP system consistes of twin GT Supercar pumps in the basket with upgraded wiring to each. there are 2 feeds coming out of the basket (gt500 kit has 1) that feed a y block. the y block is attatched to a -8an rubber pushlok hose that is rated for 2500psi. this gets run to the front of the car where it hits a second y block which splits the fuel back and feeds each furl rail individually, without the need of a crossover. this ensures the passengerside of the car will get as much fuel as the drivers side, with no pressure drop from one side of the motor to the other, as often found with crossovers with fuel systems. also, with both rails being fed seperately, if 1 GT pump should fail, it iwll still feed both sides of the motor adequately to get you home, vs a crossover where the drivers side will suck more fuel than can be reached to the pass side.

How much more then the Gt500 fuel pump system does it cost?????:samuri:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
depends on where you get thegt500 system from. i beleive pmp sells the gt500 system for 700. i think PMP charges 900 (dont quote me on the price) for their custom fuel system. so if you figure it out its about 200 bucks for new fuel lines, 2 y adapters, and new fuel rails. thats a hell of a deal right there for the extra 200 bucks

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back