Hotrods ?

Cammed 05

Always happy
Reaction score
Got a friend with an auto were slapping a set of hotrods in. Can he run it untuned with it being an auto. I know the two manuals ive done haven't had an issue for a few days staying out of the revs until they could get tuned. But idk how bad the drivability gets fucked up. He's not sure whether or not American muscle will get his tune done. But we had a 10' driving around on bbr stage 2's untuned for about a week but the three I've done including mine have been sticks. Just asking before we throw them in tomorrow and he can't drive home lol

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Will it run? Yes. Correctly? More than likely no. When I did mine, for the sake of firing it up after the cams went in, I got lazy and didn't throw in the new tune. It ran, but ran like shit. I would just wait for the tune...

Cammed 05

Always happy
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys. I know it will run ok, just worried about the shift patterns and how the trans will react with it being auto

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well then, you had your answer all along. It will shift as it does under stock calibration.

Cammed 05

Always happy
Reaction score
Alright cool. Like I said I didn't know if the cams would make it shift any different or not.

But we got lucky enough and he got his tune today so were golden now!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back