I need 24 more HP. How should I get'em?

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would like to have 400RWHP with my setup. Right now I am at 376 on 93 octane pump gas.

Here are some ideas....

1. Better CAI such as the C&L racer and a 90mm MAF + retune?

2. Keep original tunes and install a single piece aluminum driveshaft?

3. Ratchet the boost up another notch (next smaller pulley)--I have the stock Saleen pulley on there now.

4. I have a 62mm TB but need a spacer to make it fit on the Saleen.

5. Electric waterpump?

6. ?

What options do I have and what would y'all recommend.

Thx,

Mike

Slofoot

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'd just go to a 3.6" pulley which is very safe with a JDM tune. You'll be well over 400rwhp and nowhere near the danger zone. Man I beat the snot out of my car at the track last year. As well the car is driven daily by my wife and she's still in one piece. That was with the 3.4" pulley. I'm been running the 3.2 pulley for a while now with no problems. Of course I have the proper fuel system and supporting mods. Are you still on the stock 24lb injectors and stock MAF?

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'd just go to a 3.6" pulley which is very safe with a JDM tune. You'll be well over 400rwhp and nowhere near the danger zone. Man I beat the snot out of my car at the track last year. As well the car is driven daily by my wife and she's still in one piece. That was with the 3.4" pulley. I'm been running the 3.2 pulley for a while now with no problems. Of course I have the proper fuel system and supporting mods. Are you still on the stock 24lb injectors and stock MAF?
What he said - saves me some typing...

pulley + injectors (oops - you have those) + CAI + MAF

Then do the DS

Then the WP

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yea, what Don said. And no, you don't need a JDM tune

Just check with me before you buy ;)

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I put on the 3.6" pully, Steeda inlet tube, and SCT 90mm MAF and picked up 97 HP with the new tune for all the above.:rock:

Q

qwkcoupe

Do the bang for the buck on the air flow efficiency parts (parts helping move air in and out of the motor), then up the boost, and you will reap greater rewards with the smaller pulley.

Last edited by a moderator:

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm with Kev on this one I beat the crap out of mine on the 3.4" with supporting mods.

Get the 3.6" and I would go with the JDM mods and tune.

S

stroker

yep yep yep

MikeVistaBlue06

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Will the Steeda CAI, C&L Racer Intake Tube, and Lightning 90mm MAF all mate up ok? I like the Steeda CAI "surround" since I can then put my hillbilly ram air hoses right up under it, and it seals better than the one I have!

If so, this is what I plan to do for the intake with a 3.8 or 3.6 pulley and new HPP tunes.

Thx,

Mike

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Like I said, call me before you do it. I have a 3.6" pulley laying around somewhere.

And still... no matter how many mentions you make of getting tuned local, people are still going to say "and get a JDM tune". You know as well as I do you don't need a JDM tune.

Larry_H

Custom Motors Built
Reaction score
I would like to have 400RWHP with my setup. Right now I am at 376 on 93 octane pump gas.

Here are some ideas....

3. Ratchet the boost up another notch (next smaller pulley)--I have the stock Saleen pulley on there now.

4. I have a 62mm TB but need a spacer to make it fit on the Saleen.

What options do I have and what would y'all recommend.

Thx,

Mike

#3 is the most sensible and cost effective solution

#4.....Hmmmm....take the butterflies out of this part and plant some nice voilets or geraniums in it....that is all it is good for....unless you want save it to throw at the neighbor's dog the next time it is barking at 3 AM....

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
#4.....Hmmmm....take the butterflies out of this part and plant some nice voilets or geraniums in it....that is all it is good for....unless you want save it to throw at the neighbor's dog the next time it is barking at 3 AM....
It's defective for dog quieting as well - akward shape makes it tough to aim...

MikeVistaBlue06

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Like I said, call me before you do it. I have a 3.6" pulley laying around somewhere.

And still... no matter how many mentions you make of getting tuned local, people are still going to say "and get a JDM tune". You know as well as I do you don't need a JDM tune.

No worries Doc. I will give you a call later on!:beer:

As for tunes, we know HPP does a damn good job too!

Mike

MikeVistaBlue06

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
#3 is the most sensible and cost effective solution

Actually while it didn't improve performance, it sure did improve throttle response--much better than the OEM TB! It only threw one code on me too, so I can't bitch much about that as well!

I know it is pointless to try and sell it so, hell since I got it, might as well use it!

Mike

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back