Issue after Kenne Bell Supercharger install

340demon

Reaction score
Hi, I have a weird issue after installing my supercharger. i am waiting for a response from Kenne Bell, I feel like there is a tune issue, but I am setting a code for the Cylinder Head Temp sensor, P1290. The sensor what new because I broke the original, I then pull off the SC and intake and put a new sensor in from Ford. The first new sensor did not show a temp on the data stream. The new one does but I still set a code. What is stranger is the temp gauge. If the engine is not running the gauge works and gives a reading. When the engine is started the gauge rises then falls. I don't have any other issues, no other codes or anything else acting strange. I did not have this problem before the install, I have check the wiring. I would do more checking but since the temp gauge gets its setting from the CHT and it works when the engine isn't running I feel like there is a tune issue. I am curious if anyone else has seen something like this?
Here is a link to a video of the issue.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Just a simple check, but is the pigtail from the sensor plugged into the proper harness connector? If I recall, it's the same as the IMRC plug in the harness, easy to cross them.
I broke that sensor, too, when I did my KB install the first time, but did not have any codes/issues with it once replaced.
The temp gauge is probably working correctly, in light of the PCM not being able to read the CHT.
You should probably check the resistance of the CHT at the harness connector, see what it reads. That would rule out the sensor itself.

340demon

Reaction score
Just a simple check, but is the pigtail from the sensor plugged into the proper harness connector? If I recall, it's the same as the IMRC plug in the harness, easy to cross them.
I broke that sensor, too, when I did my KB install the first time, but did not have any codes/issues with it once replaced.
The temp gauge is probably working correctly, in light of the PCM not being able to read the CHT.
You should probably check the resistance of the CHT at the harness connector, see what it reads. That would rule out the sensor itself.
Yes, this was my issue. I had it taped up to the harness so it looked like it went into the plastic around the harness. Stupid design by Ford to put 2 plugs that are the same next to each other, I've not seen that on any other car.
Thank you for the reply.

Autokyrios

Reaction score
IDK...My old Jeep's wiring was built out of stupid and lube...One of the many reasons I don't have it anymore.

dryhero

Reaction score
Hi, I am having the same issue but can't seem to find the other connecter. Would you be able to provide a picture of the two connectors or give me a little guidance? Thank you!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back