KOR at a local dealership for sale...

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I almost almost had to be restrained (no joke) - as I could not help being quite loud in the showroom about pointing out what a fucking rip off was going on especially amidst the current credit crisis...

Here's the facts -

1. the car stickers as a GT500 with some premiums for $47,105
2. The KOR package cost $35,000 - I was especially pissed at this and demanded to be explained why $2000 worth of parts cost $35,000. Now this is not a 'dealer mark-up' - this is the sticker from Ford themselves outlining all of the KOR 'Upgrades' which inlcludes, a few carbon fiber pieces, a cold air kit, some mild suspension upgrades, and mostly emblems and lettering. WTF is Ford thinking charging 35K for this shit? No way it was over $2000 for all the parts INSTALLED if you purchased after-market.
3. As if that 35K 'upgrade' wasn't enough, here's the kicker - they didn't have the balls to call it a 'mark-up ' - they used the term 'RARITY VALUE' and that was $90,000!!:wtf:

So the car was $172,105.00!!!!! :321:

Amid this financial state I offered them cash if they got rid of that ridiculous rarity factor and I offered 75K cash on the spot if they would do it and they laughed and said they had already sold 3 for 200K cash. What a fucking crock. I'll tell you, I looked at every inch of that thing and it is nothing more than a GT500 with a bunch of KOR emblems. Yeah, the seats are stitched with KOR but WTF? I was expecting MUCH MUCH more from the car.

RIPOFF

Last edited:

KIM_05_GT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
FUCK THAT!!! The fucking Ford GT cost that much...

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
the car stickers as a GT500 with some premiums for $47,105...

WTF is Ford thinking charging 35K for this shit? No way it was over $2000 for all the parts INSTALLED if you purchased after-market...

I offered 75K cash on the spot if they would do it...
Are you saying that you offered $28K for those $2000 worth of parts? :whistling:

Last edited:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No - I'm saying as I whole, I would have paid 75K for the car to have one. Not a penny more. You can chalk that to mark-ups, ad-ons, etc. but I feel the car was worth 75K based on it's limited factor and what I think it's worth. I would have bought it if they agreed. The 35K from ford for the KOR package is a slap in the face when you see the car in person. Hell, the Super Snake is ten times the mods of this thing and less than half the cost.:tdown:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
BTW: I was an inch from buying a black GT500 for 43K.

If my car goes for what I want, I think I am going to go back and get it or a Z06 and put a vortech on it...:idea:

Fastmover

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Doug Magrnum has one listed on FFW site. Call him he may do better by yea.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That dealership is local to me. I haven't stopped to look at their KOR, but I know they are still pricing their GTs at $32k and above.

yzfone

forum member
Reaction score
Dealership here had a blue on silver for 107,000, and I thought that was crazy.

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Perry Ford here in San Diego has one for 182K.
Finger.jpg

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
lol.. that is funny.... the 80K price for the KR is too much IMO.... but they sell a bunch of them

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back