Manual Trans speeds, RPM drop complete calcualtor.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
I made this simple sheet for my own consumption but wanted to share, I thing I covered all the stock and bolt on manual transmissions available for the S197 platform, it allows you to see final speeds at input RPMs, RPM drops on shifts for all of them, can input shift RPM, Final gear, tire size or diameter for revolution per Mile calculation.

Let me know if you see something is off.

Can someone correct my terrible spelled title???

Attachments

• Trans gear calc.zip
    8.7 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
I can't seem to open it or even find out what kind of sheet it is (my computer keeps seeing it as a .php file instead of a .zipfile, and I'm guessing it may be a little Excel spreadsheet).

FWIW, there is a small correction between revs/mile calculated from diameter and actual revs/mile that amounts to somewhere between 1% and maybe 3.5%. It's due to tread distortions in the contact patch zone. I don't know if your sheet considers this, but occasionally it can matter.

Norm

99horsey

forum member
Reaction score
Downloaded fine for me. Thanks for posting. This is handy!

lito

forum member
Reaction score
FWIW, there is a small correction between revs/mile calculated from diameter and actual revs/mile that amounts to somewhere between 1% and maybe 3.5%. It's due to tread distortions in the contact patch zone. I don't know if your sheet considers this, but occasionally it can matter.

Norm

The rpM calculator and the trans tables are not linked so you can enter the value that makes more sense to you instead of the calculated one, I end always guesstimating according to tire type and profile is not precise but is better than the calculated value.

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
You're a wizard. Thanks for sharing. I was just now looking for something like this.

I think I found a bug: the C and the E columns reference the previous transmission's final gear ratio, eg. for the 11-12 TR6060, B13 is being used instead of B24.

Last edited:

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Nice, got a Rasmus point!, is that like get out jail card? I get to keep my privacy at least for the first time, lol.

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Updated the formulas to correctly reflect the final gear ratio for each transmission.

Attachments

• Trans gear calc.zip
    14.8 KB · Views: 57

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Oh, yes when I extended to the different versions of 6060 and magnum I screwed the referenced cells, thank you.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back