My first 3v....

I55ue5

Reaction score
I bought my first 3v not too long ago. It's a 2010 GT premium with a manual transmission. It's had BBK long tube headers, x pipe, magnaflow mufflers with SLP tips installed. It's also had the ford racing intake, larger ford racing throttle body, JLP intake, accel coils and JLP oil catch cans. This was all done before I bought the car. A few days after buying, codes P0345, P0349 showed up along with code P0022. I have changed the vct solenoid, can shaft position sensor, and the alternator. The car seems to run perfectly fine. No loss in power, no rough idle or anything. Can anyone help point me in the right direction to get these codes fixed so I can finally get the car inspected and legal to be on the road....

whitmanink

Reaction score
welcome to the 3v world,
i think the cam phaser is either sticking , or is coming apart ,
and or one of the trigger arms got bent by removing the valve cover or some other inside Maintenace ,, whats the mileage on the car? my bet is both or more likely one bad phaser,, in that case a new timing kit and roller followers and refresh would be ideal ,, im assuming yours got over 80k on the odometer?

I55ue5

Reaction score
Yes, it has in the neighborhood of 130k on the odometer. The previous owner said the timing was done a few months before I bought the car so I didn't think about the timing. Plus it was running really good with no skips, ticks or anything. When the codes came up I stopped driving the car. I'll try and redo the timing on the car and see if that does the trick. Thank you.

whitmanink

Reaction score
yea like i said before , get new phasers , the ford timing kit has all that you need , minus the roller followers , im definitely thinking its the trigger arm on the phaser and or the phaser is starting to come apart or stick and fail., eaither way , with that many miles on her , shes due for a timing refresh

I55ue5

Reaction score
I definitely appreciate the advice. I'm going to check and see if ford performance makes a kit. If not I'm going to order the factory ford kit.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
I definitely appreciate the advice. I'm going to check and see if ford performance makes a kit. If not I'm going to order the factory ford kit.

Here ya go:

Ford Performance Camshaft Drive Kit: M-6004-463V
Ford Performance Rocker Arm Lash Adjuster Kit: M-6529-3V
Felpro Timing Chain Tensioner Gasket Set: ES73226
OEM '13-'14 Shelby GT500 oil pump (Ford part no. DR3Z6600A)
OEM 3V oil pump pickup tube (Ford part no. 4R3Z6622AA)

JC SSP

Reaction score
Again. This should be a sticky for future use.

I55ue5

Reaction score
Here ya go:

Ford Performance Camshaft Drive Kit: M-6004-463V
Ford Performance Rocker Arm Lash Adjuster Kit: M-6529-3V
Felpro Timing Chain Tensioner Gasket Set: ES73226
OEM '13-'14 Shelby GT500 oil pump (Ford part no. DR3Z6600A)
OEM 3V oil pump pickup tube (Ford part no. 4R3Z6622AA)
Thank you for that. I do appreciate it. Just one question. The oil pump. Is it better than the 2010 gt500 part or does the one from '13-'14 fit and the one from 2010 not? New to the 3v world and cam phasers in general.

I55ue5

Reaction score
Ah. Thank you for clearing that up. I didn't know if they were just completely different fit wise or not. Lol billet is better. Again Thank you very much.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back