Need help fast

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Both windows are lowing by them selves and it raining. Tried to reset them by hold the switch for a few seconds in the up ad down position. Then 10 minute's later the windows roll down again.

Has anyone had this problem or know the fix for it.

Thanks
Ed

LuckyH

forum member
Reaction score
What year is your car? Try resetting the battery? At the very worst roll the windows up and just disconnect the battery for now until it stops raining.

MSgt46270

Reaction score
What year is your car? Try resetting the battery? At the very worst roll the windows up and just disconnect the battery for now until it stops raining.

2005 GT. Hardkore Metal Finishing has my car right now and has tried to reset windows. He is going to disconnect the battery.

LuckyH

forum member
Reaction score
2005 GT. Hardkore Metal Finishing has my car right now and has tried to reset windows. He is going to disconnect the battery.

DE-INITIALIZATION PROCEDURE
De-initialization (un-learning) of the smart window motor clears the memory of the module and shuts off the One-Touch UP, Bounce Back and Short Drop functions.
The smart window motors can be de-initialized in two (2) different ways:
Disconnect the battery cable from the battery WHILE THE WINDOW IS MOVING.
Remove the window motor fuse from the Power Distribution Box WHILE THE WINDOW IS MOVING.
After performing one of the above procedures, the smart motor must be re-initialized, see Initialization Procedure.

INITIALIZATION PROCEDURE
INITIALIZATION MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR CLOSED! (For convertibles, top and the quarter glass must be in the up / closed position.)
From the window switch, perform the following steps without stopping:
Operate the window UP and stall for 2 seconds. (Hold The Switch)
Operate the window DOWN and stall for 2 seconds. (Hold The Switch)
The smart window motor will be initialized and one-touch-UP and Short Drop will be operational.
Cycle the window glass an additional five (5) times to set the window
"Soft Stop" for the down position.

I know Ford had the mustangs ready and able for the windows to be able to roll down via the key fob (when pressing unlock 3 times). However people apparently had problems with the system working correctly. From what I gathered, only a few 05's slipped through with it enabled. The fact that you didn't have any problems until now probably means that there is just some kind of electronic interference. Something possibly (by chance) sending out the signal needed to activate the windows down command.

MSgt46270

Reaction score
I know Ford had the mustangs ready and able for the windows to be able to roll down via the key fob (when pressing unlock 3 times). However people apparently had problems with the system working correctly. From what I gathered, only a few 05's slipped through with it enabled. The fact that you didn't have any problems until now probably means that there is just some kind of electronic interference. Something possibly (by chance) sending out the signal needed to activate the windows down command.

The car has been parked in the same spot now for two days and when I was there with them yesterday the windows were fine. The only thing that has change is that it's raining hard today off & on.

I sent your information to Jeremy also, Thanks. Plus he asked if I can get the car today after 5pm, which I will be able to do.

MSgt46270

Reaction score
I have the car home now and the the reset isn't working. I have no idea whats going on. Once I open the door and then close it the windows go down.

I had chrome door handles installed the other day, just maybe something isn't connected right and when it rained the water could be affecting it????

J2L06GT

forum member
Reaction score
Smart Junction Box,
it is behind fuse access panel pass side foot well.
should be thread about water leak problem and
box getting wet causing all sorts of electrical issues.

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Okay, I'll take a look

It's very dry behind the panel.

Last edited:

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Going to try this TSB again.

Attachments

• 06-22-18 Power Windows.pdf
    50.2 KB · Views: 10

Black Tooth Grin

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That sucks. Did it happen before it started raining? Or just mysteriously do it while it was raining? I think I would be leaning toward what 2JL06GT is thinking about a moisture related short in the SJB. It's pretty common and there have been TSBs out about it since 2005. Shitty body seams, bad welds, leaking or missing body plugs, plenty of places for water to get in to the passengers side panel area.

MSgt46270

Reaction score
The car was sitting outside last night and all day today in the rain. Jeremy called me this morning to let me know about the windows.

The other thing that doesn't work is when you use the key to lock the door and if you keep the key turned it'll raise the windows.

I'll be sitting in the garage for the next four days now drying off.

I hope it's not the water shorting the panel out.

Royski

forum member
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there, the unlock botton on the remote isn't stuck or something, is it?

AlloyGT

Lurker
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I remember reading that early '05s had "global windows" where holding the unlock button would roll the windows down. There were so many problems with it (windows rolling themselves down) that Ford disabled the feature. I believe you can go to the dealer and they'll turn it off. I think it's a reflash.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back