New Steeda SBH 6101 brake hoses

MasterofDisaster

Reaction score
Because PowerStop has recalled its braided stainless steel hoses for some reason, I bought new ones from Steeda. They're a little more expensive than competitors, but you get copper crush washers instead of aluminum ones. The kit came with lots of brackets. I saw no reason to replace the OEM brackets.

Installation was routine. RR caliper I forgot to pump the brakes repeatedly before opening the bleeder screw. Took forever to get the bubbles out of that one. The others were fairly routine for losing so much fluid.

Ford had not attached the front hoses to the struts at the factory. When the local mechanic installed new struts, he fixed that too, and I did it with the new hoses. Now I no longer wonder why there was that weird loop attached to the front hoses.

The hoses are blue. They look nice.

In other brake news, Prestone now makes a synthetic DOT3 fluid. Dry boiling point of 460F.

MasterofDisaster

Reaction score
Odd, i just got the red ss powerstop ones and they have been great!
Roger that. Mine were listed by part #, and they had worked fine. PowerStop wouldn't tell me why they were recalled, but they told me to park the car. NHTSA was absolutely no help at all. It was like they had the dumbest intern on earth respond to my question.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back