Problem with fUel Pump Mustang 2010

MariaKim

Reaction score
Hello Guys! I am new to this, so i hope i am doing everything fine. I am a Ford Mustang 2010 V6 Sunset Gold owner since 2010. I love my car, but now the fuel Pump broke.

I am living in Germany. So i used a german forum on how to get a new one. The one i have is not available it seems. (Motorcraft PFS-502). So i bought this from Rockauto (as the forum told me it would work): [https://www.rockauto.com/de/moreinf...HupwIJ_YDKS8XE3bY_aem_crxFvaJbVivSqvnOtwpvqg)

I am a Noob, so i gave this to my garage and they did put that in. I got my car back yesterday eve. This morning the engine light came on "yellow". I went back to the garage. They looked at the error and said, that the fule pump would not produce enough preasure or something like that. This would not be a so bad thing. But this is bugging me like hell I don´t wanna driver with a yellow light on all the time

So what should i do now? I am a noob technically and any help would be great!

Maria

IMG_7266.png

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
P1000- ignore. Not really a fault, just means obd monitors are incomplete. Clearing faults or batt disconnect = p1000.

The code that concerns me is the fuel pump driver module code. The failed pump may have damaged it. This is the code I would troubleshoot.

MariaKim

Reaction score
thank you for your answer!
what driver module would i need for exchange?
and there is the p0191 :-(

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
The fuel pump module is in the trunk, next to the spare tire. This MAY be your problem, I cannot say for sure. And it maybe causing the other code. These computers are a bit finicky. This is a "best guess" on my part.

MariaKim

Reaction score
Ok thanks. Just talked to me garage. The driver modul needs to be programmed to change which he cannot do. so in any case i would need another garage first to check these modules (sensor/driver)

MariaKim

Reaction score
Question:
- after changing the fuel pump, does the sensor/driver need to be programmed again to work with the new pump?
- after changing the SENSOR/DRIVER do they need to be programmed?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back