question about power seats

stangstud09

Respect my authority
Reaction score
I have looked on this site and others and couldnt find an answer,

I am currently selling my 2008 mustang cloth seats, im selling them to a guy who wants his replaced due to a previous smoker. The only problem is he has electric seats with the lumbar support. I was just trying to figure out if my regular seat could be converted to electric. All you would have to do is remove the brackets right? but the lumbar support up in the back of the seat is where i am concerend. So will my seat cushions fit over it?

thank you for your help! Ryan

Chrome61

forum member
Reaction score
I've changed seats in a lot of cars and basically after you take the four bolts out the seat it is what it is, The electrics and all is to the seat, I've bought and sold cars for years and for your friend my I suggest febreeze, It may take a couple weeks but the smoke smell will come out and be gone.

I bought a dodge truck one time that had a overwhelming smell of cigars and this stuff got rid of it, not the next day but it finally did.

But to answer your question, it's more trouble than it's worth.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
the seat covers will fit. Pull off the old, slide on the newe(er). Takes about 5 hours to do both fronts and rear. Get some hog ring pliers. 1 six pack job.

I have looked on this site and others and couldnt find an answer,

I am currently selling my 2008 mustang cloth seats, im selling them to a guy who wants his replaced due to a previous smoker. The only problem is he has electric seats with the lumbar support. I was just trying to figure out if my regular seat could be converted to electric. All you would have to do is remove the brackets right? but the lumbar support up in the back of the seat is where i am concerend. So will my seat cushions fit over it?

thank you for your help! Ryan

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
lol hes like 18 , no booze for him bud Ken .

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back