retro usa chrome bumpers

stangfreak

forum member
Reaction score
does anyone here have these or ever seen them? they look pretty cool, not sure if it's MY thing but cool never the less. you could even do some old school badging from latemodelrestoration

Retro-USA-Mustang-Chrome-Trim-1.jpg

MT1RB-A.jpg

ret-mt1rba_5817.jpg

30017d1162614922-chrome-bumper-covers-p1010344.jpg

30018d1162614922-chrome-bumper-covers-p1010345.jpg

v8venomgt

forum member
Reaction score
Hideous, tacky, and cheap looking. Not a fan, and yes I've seen them in person, no they don't look any better in person.

stangfreak

forum member
Reaction score
Hideous, tacky, and cheap looking. Not a fan, and yes I've seen them in person, no they don't look any better in person.

that's what i thought. i've never been a fan of over accessorizing, especially at $399 each

stangfreak

forum member
Reaction score
Not something I'd do but don't think all that bad. Seen plenty of other mods that look much worse.

no shit. like i say, it's not my thing. i'd imagine they appeal to the older generations who drove mustangs when they actually had chrome bumpers, like this guy

38715-chrome-rear-bumper-0509.jpg

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
this topic comes up from time to time here.... same discussion and same responses every time.... they are hideous!

dennisafrompa

forum member
Reaction score
...to have seen the movie Bullitt in the theatre. So yes I like them and really don't care that others don't. I'm 70 and still do this!

Do what YOU like. it's YOUR car.
dsc_8357.jpg

100_7422.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Liftedbronco

Shredder
Reaction score
man, people will buy ANYTHING. Im sure american muscle sells thousands.

I duno why i havent invented something that can be taped or glued to a mustang.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cut the price in half and they're still over priced.

Liftedbronco

Shredder
Reaction score
man, people will buy ANYTHING. Im sure american muscle sells thousands.

I duno why i havent invented something that can be taped or glued to a mustang.

i know i look like a hypocrite based on those fins on my avitar. but i never actually installed them. just laid them on there for a pic!

v8venomgt

forum member
Reaction score
Ricer mentality, atick anything and everything you can onto your car lol. To me they look like chrome mustasches. The s197 already pays homage to its roots. It doesn't need ridiculous chrome covers. I understand the idea behind them but it is poorly executed on a modern car. If ya want chrome bumpers thatt are relatively acceptable buy a truck.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
my 67gta fastback had chrome bumpers, and they didn't bother me at all. in fact back then, we didn't think of cars having 100% plastic bumpers. i'm sure at that point in time, i would have thought plastic bumpers were total crap.

no shit. like i say, it's not my thing. i'd imagine they appeal to the older generations who drove mustangs when they actually had chrome bumpers, like this guy

i guess it's true. i'm 54 and i like them, but i'm not a fan of bolting on non-functional pieces just for show. other than that, i think they look good.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back