Starting over

Hobie79936

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I blew my engine about a month ago now. I finally had enough money to build a new engine for my mustang. I found the aluminum block at Downs Ford in New Jersey(thefordsource.com). They are on clearance for $450 + shipping. I am putting a cobra crank, manley rods and probe pistons good to 1000+hp. The block only needed 2 holes drilled at the rear main wall. They are .801" in dimension. Other than that, it is a perfect match. I will be adding my 3V heads, supercharger @11psi and a SFI flywheel. I should be very safe after this. I will add pictures as I put it together. Total cost for this build without labor, is $2019.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Certainly sounds cheap enough. What block is it?

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Glad to hear you can get it back together and that it will be affordable. Provided my setup holds together till fall, i'll be pulling my motor in the winter and putting the rods in, and maybe a crank. I want to run mine at the max boost I can and keep with pump 93 octane gas.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Keep us posted. I am curious to find out if the accessories bolt up in the same place and if any "tweaking" has to be done to get it in.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back