Steeda Tri-ax owners?

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Alright - maybe I missed something simple... Just went over the instructions again...

I can move the shift rod up and down nearly 1 inch (if not more) once everything is fully installed...

I first noticed it from the bottom - I pushed up to see if it was loose and it moved up...

I went into the cabin and too my surprise I can pull up on the shift knob and it just lifts up?!?!

This might be the cause of my vibration and clearance issues - is there something I didn't tighten?

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't think that's possible with the stock tri-ax since the ball is sandwiched between the upper and lower halves. Time to post on the Steeda forum for this one unless you want to pull it apart and see for yourself..

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't think that's possible with the stock tri-ax since the ball is sandwiched between the upper and lower halves. Time to post on the Steeda forum for this one unless you want to pull it apart and see for yourself..
The ball does not seem to move - its as if the shaft moves within the ball...

Overall the shifter feels firm and tight (very tight)...

At least now I know it isn't the cause of my noise (I pulled it up while the trans was making the noise)...

The noise appears to just be gear groan under load (speed too low for gear as I rowed through the gears to loosen the shifter up)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back