Vinyl interior paint?

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
Has any one used interior vinyl paint like Colorbond or Color Coat? Thinking of changing the color of the vinyl door inserts on my 2013. It won’t get the wear that a seat would, though the companies claim they’ll hold up, so I’m tempted to try.
I don’t like the idea of the hard plastic Coverlay inserts or the cost and effort of having them recovered in leather or vinyl.

ShelbySteve

Reaction score
Has any one used interior vinyl paint like Colorbond or Color Coat? Thinking of changing the color of the vinyl door inserts on my 2013. It won’t get the wear that a seat would, though the companies claim they’ll hold up, so I’m tempted to try.
I don’t like the idea of the hard plastic Coverlay inserts or the cost and effort of having them recovered in leather or vinyl.
Get the coverlays and paint them. I went with oem color coverlays and haven’t had to mess with them since. They were professionally repaired once with the vinyl and just don’t hold up in Texas.

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
Get the coverlays and paint them. I went with oem color coverlays and haven’t had to mess with them since. They were professionally repaired once with the vinyl and just don’t hold up in Texas.
I decided to bite the bullet and give the vinyl paint/dye approach a try. I think it came out great.

IMG_2907.jpeg

IMG_2911.jpeg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back