Wiring harness plug…to where?

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
2006 Mustang Roush
I’ve got a plug on the wiring harness that I’m lost on, can’t find what it plugs into. Yellow plug…the 2 purple marks show 2 similar plugs that are plugged in. I believe they go to 2 sensors under the intake…the knock sensors(?). I did redo the wiring coming from the alternator to the battery. Wondering if that’s it but I don’t see the plug in my parts pile (kept everything till the money pit fired up lol). Thanks for any help!!

IMG_4744.jpeg

IMG_4747.jpeg

07 Boss

Reaction score
My first thoughts are either an O2 sensor or the charge motion plates in your intake. I have no recollection what the connectors look like I'm going just off of location.

JC SSP

Reaction score
It would run like hell without O2 connected, so I thinks it the CMVC plates which have been deleted???

Last edited:

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
Got it figured out…I think. The cars not running, 02 sensor was my first thought but the connectors diff (male vs female). I didn’t realize the cmvc plates plugged in (don’t really understand them to be honest) so I started looking for more plugs…found one tucked under the intake with reeeally bright flashlight!! It was for the 2 sensors that bolt into the top of the block.

I’m worried now though, I assumed all those connectors would only plug into certain other connectors. There’s about 4 different types of those connectors back there, wondering if it’s possible to plug into the wrong ones..?

I’m about to start my new motor, gotta get tune info to Lito. The motor was rebuilt over a year ago with new components minus the block and crank. Do I need to do anything or can I just starting cranking on her? I have the plugs out currently, thought about spraying some WD40 down the holes, turning off the fuel system (return setup on switches), prob disconnect injector harness…..I dunno what’s best?

07 Boss

Reaction score
Well if it was built with the proper assembly lube you should be good to go but I always crank the motor without fuel to pump some oil around before actually firing it up. Many go as far as getting a bug sprayer and using it to pump oil through the system before initial start up.

GlassTop09

Reaction score
Got it figured out…I think. The cars not running, 02 sensor was my first thought but the connectors diff (male vs female). I didn’t realize the cmvc plates plugged in (don’t really understand them to be honest) so I started looking for more plugs…found one tucked under the intake with reeeally bright flashlight!! It was for the 2 sensors that bolt into the top of the block.

I’m worried now though, I assumed all those connectors would only plug into certain other connectors. There’s about 4 different types of those connectors back there, wondering if it’s possible to plug into the wrong ones..?

I’m about to start my new motor, gotta get tune info to Lito. The motor was rebuilt over a year ago with new components minus the block and crank. Do I need to do anything or can I just starting cranking on her? I have the plugs out currently, thought about spraying some WD40 down the holes, turning off the fuel system (return setup on switches), prob disconnect injector harness…..I dunno what’s best?
Hi Hollowdweller,

Check the back side of this plug (the white end where the harness wiring is terminated) for the harness wire color to be able to ID their use as follows:

Knock Sensors:
YE-RD (yellow w\ red stripe)
YE (solid yellow)
DG-VT (dark green w\ violet stripe)
DG-WHT (dark green w\ white stripe)

IMRC (CMCV):
RD-YE (red w\ yellow stripe)
DB-YE (dark brown w\ yellow stripe)
BLK-WHT (black w\ white stripe)

The harness & component plugs for these are identical in design & both have 4 wire terminals but the IMRC (CMCV) plug only uses 3 of the 4 terminals.
If your OEM IM still has the CMCV actuator installed & hooked up to the IM runner shafts, then you'll need to plug the CMCV actuator back up (CMCV Actuator rests in the CMCV closed position--default position when no GRD is pulled from the ECU--PWM actuated system. This will cause a massive restriction at mid-range to high RPM operations if ECU can't open them up when it calls for them to be fully opened.......should also set a DTC & light up the MIL if the ECU can't open them) or like a lot of folks have done.......delete them.

If the knock sensors aren't hooked up, then I don't need to tell you what this can cause, but if the ECU doesn't\can't detect any voltage from the KS's (KS's self-generate their own low-level AC voltage thus the ECU will be looking for this voltage to show up) this WILL set a DTC & light up the MIL.

So, in short in the end, the ECU will kinda let you know which connector this is as well..........

From my recall, this is most likely the plug to the CMCV actuator (as already mentioned).

Hope this helps you out.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back