Front 13" GT Rotor Works on Rear?

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
The caliper wouldn't be in the right place, unless you could come up with a new bracket.

zeroescape

forum member
Reaction score
The rear disc on terrys is from a 13'+ gt500 rear, its not just a front swapped to the rear.

Arustik

forum member
Reaction score
Ah, yes that's what I meant. Running a GT500 Rear Rotor on Rear for GT. Would the stock caliper and pads work?

barbaro

forum member
Reaction score
Without a doubt this forum is dying because of people like the "Noob Killer" One of many unfortunately. Noone wants to participate. Look at how dead some of these threads and forums are. I will come on here occasionally to see 1 or 2 people online here at any given time. Ask a question and it is more likely that you will be chastised or insulted rather than get the question answered. You will notice very little new blood here. But there are people , obviously with very little life. Forum mavens with posts stretching into the several thousands who have appointed themselves arbiters of protocol, officious intermeddlers and nattering nabobs of negativity. There are a handful of contributors and then there is the above enforcers of orthodoxy. Get lives people. Guy here asked a question, resist the temptation to instruct and insult. Or not and live in a pathetic bubble. Hey Noob killer. You are a $upporting member, a why don't you change to being "Noob Helper" and can the patronizing. Send him a friendly private message if you wish to instruct him on the proper use of the forum search tools. Seems to me that would make more $$$ for the forum.

Last edited:

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Without a doubt this forum is dying because of people like the "Noob Killer" One of many unfortunately. Noone wants to participate. Look at how dead some of these threads and forums are. I will come on here occasionally to see 1 or 2 people online here at any given time. Ask a question and it is more likely that you will be chastised or insulted rather than get the question answered. You will notice very little new blood here. But there are people , obviously with very little life. Forum mavens with posts stretching into the several thousands who have appointed themselves arbiters of protocol, officious intermeddlers and nattering nabobs of negativity. There are a handful of contributors and then there is the above enforcers of orthodoxy. Get lives people. Guy here asked a question, resist the temptation to instruct and insult. Or not and live in a pathetic bubble. Hey Noob killer. You are a $upporting member, a why don't you change to being "Noob Helper" and can the patronizing. Send him a friendly private message if you wish to instruct him on the proper use of the forum search tools. Seems to me that would make more $$$ for the forum.
Somebody watched V for Vendetta a few too many times.

kcbrown

forum member
Reaction score
How is searching for yourself unhelpful?

It's unhelpful if reasonable search terms don't yield much of use, or the hits are too voluminous.

Here are the threads I get when I search this entire site for "13 inch rotor" (without quotes in the actual entered search term):

When I add "gt500" as a search term, the above narrows to the Vorshlag thread and the "2013 gt500 6 piston brembos" thread.

When I do the latter search and search for posts instead of threads, I get two posts:

If you're going to insist that someone search, you should check for yourself if doing so would actually yield useful results. The first entry does talk about using the GT500 rear rotor, so the results aren't entirely useless, admittedly...

Obviously, the search terms I used here could somehow be incorrect, but they are reasonable with respect to the question being asked. I suppose that first hit in the second search I did does illustrate that a search could have turned up something, but keep in mind that it is only because I knew it's the GT500 rotor that works in the rear that I knew to add "gt500" to my search terms.

Last edited:

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
No, you're just another tool who can't use the search function properly or read for yourself so you make excuses. The Vorshlag thread tells you everything you need to know about the upgrade, dumbass.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
No, you're just another tool who can't use the search function properly or read for yourself so you make excuses. The Vorshlag thread tells you everything you need to know about the upgrade, dumbass.

Actually I tend to agree with him. Far to many impolite responses. And your famous "Search" function is a waste of time from time to time because so many folks place a different tittle than one might search for. I have spent a good 10-15 minutes searching first... Only to see off the wall crap that does not meet the needs of why I am searching.

Now all all welcome to tell me to go to hell. But facts are facts. We all start with zero knowledge. A handful of you are like bar flies or crabby has-been chicks who are to lazy to help. You would rather just piss folks off for your personal enjoyment. :kma:

kcbrown

forum member
Reaction score
No, you're just another tool who can't use the search function properly or read for yourself so you make excuses.

Ha! Bit presumptuous, aren't you? If you'd read my messages in the past, you'd probably have figured out by now that I know how to search and to read. I did the exercise here in a matter of minutes, not hours. I tend not to like to ask questions that have answers that have been posted elsewhere, so I tend to take my time in searching for answers, but searching isn't always going to yield answers even if you work at it (something that I know from experience, which can only be because I do search regularly for answers).

The Vorshlag thread tells you everything you need to know about the upgrade, dumbass.
Yep, just noticed that after I followed the link to the specific message that talks about it.

However, a couple of points about that thread:

• It's freaking huge. Great reading, but if you're after a specific answer, you have to somehow narrow your search.
  • Searching for posts instead of threads when not including "gt500" in the search terms yields 3 different messages out of that thread, only one of which is useful for answering the question. And as I mentioned (in an edit that came in after you posted the above, apparently), I only knew to put "gt500" in the search terms because I already knew the answer to the guy's question.

Nice manners, by the way.
icon10.gif

Last edited:

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I asked a legitimate question. He found the answer he was looking for but didnt realize it was his answer. Thats what I get from his post. Seriously do you take an exam and ask the instructor to give you the answers?

Kcbrown, so now the forum should allow you to be lazy? Read through it, who knows you might learn something else that you didn't know before. Not specifically saying you, but making excuses doesnt help.

Last edited:

kcbrown

forum member
Reaction score
I asked a legitimate question. He found the answer he was looking for but didnt realize it was his answer. Thats what I get from his post. Seriously do you take an exam and ask the instructor to give you the answers?

Funny, I didn't realize this forum was for the purpose of determining how much someone knows. I thought it was for the purpose of sharing information.

In the latter context, yes I absolutely would expect the instructor to give me the answers if I'd already done my due diligence and come back empty handed.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When the information is out there already??? You are lazy if you just want shit handed to you.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back