1500hp 2005 mustang?

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
That car has so much going for it, I don't know why anybody felt the need to photoshop the front wheels off the ground.

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I plan to make about 1400HP at the crank. So far with Accufab built GT500 4V, 4.2L KB, Magnafuel complete return system, and built TR6060...It is over $30k... With all the other stuff like 9", clutch, headers, injectors...Close to $45k... Most of the cost besides motor, KB, TR6060, headers, clutch, and injectors were already on the car... Will be running E98 in it...

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I plan to make about 1400HP at the crank. So far with Accufab built GT500 4V, 4.2L KB, Magnafuel complete return system, and built TR6060...It is over $30k... With all the other stuff like 9", clutch, headers, injectors...Close to $45k... Most of the cost besides motor, KB, TR6060, headers, clutch, and injectors were already on the car... Will be running E98 in it...

How close are you to the goal? Has the though of the 5.8 motor from a 13 or 14 GT500 entered your thoughts yet?

Do you have a build thread anywhere? I'd really like to see what is going into this. IIRC you are out on the gulf most of the time so I suppose a thread on the subject would be difficult for you to keep up.

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Heads and intake manifold are just getting done with port and polishing, shortblock is about to head back for a piston swap (CR was stock 8.5:1 and bumping it to 9.5:1) as we are going to run E98 in it. I went with the iron block as John had a new one and he could get it together quicker when I wanted it built... I didn't want to wait for a block... This is a sister engine to what is in M2K Motorsports Ford GT except with the iron block... I have purchased everything new and we have everything to put it together now, just going to have to wait for pistons to be swapped out...

Also have a built Coyote being built for a Lightning I just picked up... So we are spreading ourselves between getting both up and going... Plans are for a 4.2L KB to be on top Coyote motor and swapping truck over to a Viper Spec T56...

Car is priority to get running though...Just waiting on motor to be back together...

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Heads and intake manifold are just getting done with port and polishing, shortblock is about to head back for a piston swap (CR was stock 8.5:1 and bumping it to 9.5:1) as we are going to run E98 in it. I went with the iron block as John had a new one and he could get it together quicker when I wanted it built... I didn't want to wait for a block... This is a sister engine to what is in M2K Motorsports Ford GT except with the iron block... I have purchased everything new and we have everything to put it together now, just going to have to wait for pistons to be swapped out...

Also have a built Coyote being built for a Lightning I just picked up... So we are spreading ourselves between getting both up and going... Plans are for a 4.2L KB to be on top Coyote motor and swapping truck over to a Viper Spec T56...

Car is priority to get running though...Just waiting on motor to be back together...

Have you picked a fuel system up yet?

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score

tdq87.jpg

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
He didn't see DOB or Kenne Bell in the first sentence so he glossed over the rest :)

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Have you picked a fuel system up yet?

As stkjock has shown you.... Fuel system below...

15gal fuel cell
MagnaFuel ProStar EFI with 750 head on it
-12 out tank into fiter
-10 from filter to pump to filter to y-block
-8 to rails
-8 return from rails to regulator
-8 return to tank
ID 2000 Injectors

"Should" support the 1400 crank horsepower we are looking to make with E98

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
As stkjock has shown you.... Fuel system below...

15gal fuel cell
MagnaFuel ProStar EFI with 750 head on it
-12 out tank into fiter
-10 from filter to pump to filter to y-block
-8 to rails
-8 return from rails to regulator
-8 return to tank
ID 2000 Injectors

"Should" support the 1400 crank horsepower we are looking to make with E98
Sweet.

Looks like you will be needing the GT500 manifold we're working on right now.

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
While I am laughing at various variables of this thread, I want to make it a little more serious. Before I do, I will ask...

Since I see a few posts by some members I overly respect and am acuatully jealous of..

Can I hijack this thread without getting hanged?

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
While I am laughing at various variables of this thread, I want to make it a little more serious. Before I do, I will ask...

Since I see a few posts by some members I overly respect and am acuatully jealous of..

Jason,

Give it a shot all they can do is bitch you out if they don't like what you post.

Terry

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score

Probably. If it's a completely different topic please start another thread.

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
It's the opposite, in a way...

Figure this kind of crap has been asked time, and time again, but do not have a lot of time to search the internet anymore.

Been wanting to supercharge for quite some time...
Due to the expense differences, have been tempted to add nitrous instead...

Then driving home last night, thought wouldn't it be a smarter idea to start accumulating parts for a new engine? I should have many more miles in mine, so smaller purchases wouldn't affect my budget if they were purchased over time...

I have a 4.6, but want to push it up to 450 hp (yes, I know this is reasonable). I want more power, but that equates to worse gas millage and budgeting my wife will not agree with. While I was following BruceH's DOB build, I continually had to remind myself, he had more displacement than mine and knows how to tune. This explanation is choppy, but to the point...

I understand the budgetary concerns of supercharging a 289. Would it be much more to build a new engine?
Or, what would a reasonable budget be for a new motor?
Or, what is an [relatively] economically better displacement look at?

Thank you for any input.
And if someone does not like the hijack, moderator: delete.

Thank you
Jason

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
It's the opposite, in a way...

Figure this kind of crap has been asked time, and time again, but do not have a lot of time to search the internet anymore.

Been wanting to supercharge for quite some time...
Due to the expense differences, have been tempted to add nitrous instead...

Then driving home last night, thought wouldn't it be a smarter idea to start accumulating parts for a new engine? I should have many more miles in mine, so smaller purchases wouldn't affect my budget if they were purchased over time...

I have a 4.6, but want to push it up to 450 hp (yes, I know this is reasonable). I want more power, but that equates to worse gas millage and budgeting my wife will not agree with. While I was following BruceH's DOB build, I continually had to remind myself, he had more displacement than mine and knows how to tune. This explanation is choppy, but to the point...

I understand the budgetary concerns of supercharging a 289. Would it be much more to build a new engine?
Or, what would a reasonable budget be for a new motor?
Or, what is an [relatively] economically better displacement look at?

Thank you for any input.
And if someone does not like the hijack, moderator: delete.

Thank you
Jason

It's far more economical to make 450hp with a blower than it is to make 400 with a built NA motor. It's not even close.

Back