1500hp 2005 mustang?

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's the opposite, in a way...

Figure this kind of crap has been asked time, and time again, but do not have a lot of time to search the internet anymore.

Been wanting to supercharge for quite some time...
Due to the expense differences, have been tempted to add nitrous instead...

Then driving home last night, thought wouldn't it be a smarter idea to start accumulating parts for a new engine? I should have many more miles in mine, so smaller purchases wouldn't affect my budget if they were purchased over time...

I have a 4.6, but want to push it up to 450 hp (yes, I know this is reasonable). I want more power, but that equates to worse gas millage and budgeting my wife will not agree with. While I was following BruceH's DOB build, I continually had to remind myself, he had more displacement than mine and knows how to tune. This explanation is choppy, but to the point...

I understand the budgetary concerns of supercharging a 289. Would it be much more to build a new engine?
Or, what would a reasonable budget be for a new motor?
Or, what is an [relatively] economically better displacement look at?

Thank you for any input.
And if someone does not like the hijack, moderator: delete.

Thank you
Jason

Jason,

Speaking from experience I can tell you simply add a S/C of your choice and keep the BOOST-Low.

There will be little to no negative reduction in fuel economy.

And if you don't drive like a Nut all the time your Stock Engine will be just fine.

Terry

roberts

forum member
Reaction score
If I had to do it again I would put boost or the bottle on my car and make 450hp and be happy. Building is a lot of $ cause u say u don't want this or that but u will end up getting it over time.

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You're going to be running a standalone right?

Getting it running on stock computer and getting engine break in done, then swapping to ProEFI 128 with all the bells and whistles...and traction control to get it to hook :)

Sweet.

Looks like you will be needing the GT500 manifold we're working on right now.

Let me know a price and when you can ship me one...

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
It's the opposite, in a way...

Figure this kind of crap has been asked time, and time again, but do not have a lot of time to search the internet anymore.

Been wanting to supercharge for quite some time...
Due to the expense differences, have been tempted to add nitrous instead...

Then driving home last night, thought wouldn't it be a smarter idea to start accumulating parts for a new engine? I should have many more miles in mine, so smaller purchases wouldn't affect my budget if they were purchased over time...

I have a 4.6, but want to push it up to 450 hp (yes, I know this is reasonable). I want more power, but that equates to worse gas millage and budgeting my wife will not agree with. While I was following BruceH's DOB build, I continually had to remind myself, he had more displacement than mine and knows how to tune. This explanation is choppy, but to the point...

I understand the budgetary concerns of supercharging a 289. Would it be much more to build a new engine?
Or, what would a reasonable budget be for a new motor?
Or, what is an [relatively] economically better displacement look at?

Thank you for any input.
And if someone does not like the hijack, moderator: delete.

Thank you
Jason

Where are you getting a 289?

IMO the best bang for your buck would be forced induction. It solves the low displacement and shrouded valve issues the 3v have without building a bigger motor with better heads.

Building a motor isn't going to give you much over what your stock motor will give you mod for mod if you are staying na.

Getting a good tune is as easy as contacting Manuel Pazo at Tudyno aka lito on this forum.

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
Where are you getting a 289?

IMO the best bang for your buck would be forced induction. It solves the low displacement and shrouded valve issues the 3v have without building a bigger motor with better heads.

Building a motor isn't going to give you much over what your stock motor will give you mod for mod if you are staying na.

Getting a good tune is as easy as contacting Manuel Pazo at Tudyno aka lito on this forum.

Oops, my bad... 281.

Thank you Bruce

Back