EVAP Canister

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You remove all the hoses and lines that make their way to the front of the car and cap/plug where the one line goes into the intake.

It can last a long time like that. We have cars around here that have been running no EVAP system since 2007. And not just a few cars.

It is not more complicated than rip everything out, plug/cap the intake, run some sort of vent line from the tank and turn off the CEL in the tune.

Check out this link, post #12. This is how I vented mine. A bit more than is needed, but an example.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118284
The point I was making was there were 3 guys including you saying you just rip that shit out.
Not one of you mentioned capping the line going to the intake so if somebody followed your advice of ripping everything out and driving the car they would most likely blow their engine.

This was my whole point.
Not the fact that you cannot run a vehicle without an evap system.

The only real question I had was about the CEL.

Last edited:

roberts

forum member
Reaction score
If someone on this forums rips it out and forgets to cap the intake they should not be on this forum and should prob take a test on how to change a flat tire

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Where is the rollover check-valve? Is there one in the tank on the vent line? You don't want to be upside down, but should you end up that way, you don't want fuel leaking out the vent hose.
Somewhere, either in the tank or evap stuff, there's a valve or two to prevent that.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Where is the rollover check-valve? Is there one in the tank on the vent line? You don't want to be upside down, but should you end up that way, you don't want fuel leaking out the vent hose.
Somewhere, either in the tank or evap stuff, there's a valve or two to prevent that.

It's built into the tank.

Tbone

forum member
Reaction score
If you turn off the cel, would it still show up as gone in an etest? In ontario its an obd check for dtcs and readiness monitors.

Brick

forum member
Reaction score
Quoting this thread from 2010: http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23100&highlight=evap+delete

i noticed the 2009+ tank filler line design was revised from 2005-2008.
it seems to have a vent line running along the filler line and venting into the cap area..

i'm thinking if i do take the EVAP delete route, it maybe worthwhile swapping the filler line to the 2009+ style, and plug a hose onto the passenger side evap port on the fuel tank, and connect that to the new vent line shown in the diagram below..

View attachment 17306 (click to enlarge)

then again, if someone can confirm how this new filler line looks in reality and if it could fit pre-2009 mustangs, i may just swap that out and keep the EVAP system in place.. since 99% of the reason i wanna get rid of the EVAP on my car is hoping it would solve my fuel filling issues (i still have problems even after the dealer took a crack at two TSBs and replaced the complete fuel tank once)

Can any of you guys who have deleted the evap system confirm if the updated filler neck can be used on a pre-2009 car for a "factory style" vent, or have any pictures of it? Anybody gone that route or have a part number?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back