EVAP Canister

Twin_Screwed_Cobra

forum member
Reaction score
I've been having issues with running rich, especially on bank one and I've checked, cleaned, and replaced about everything I know of. I decided to take a look at the EVAP canister to see maybe if it was the valve was stuck. I noticed there was raw fuel in the line outgoing from the canister to the manifold. I understand it is supposed to collect vapors and what not but should there be actual liquid fuel in there too?

Thanks

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Where are you finding the 'evap canister'?
if you are getting dtc's indicating a running-rich condition, you have other issues with the passenger side (maybe a plug not firing, or o2 sensor, or other issue).

Post up the dtc's and lets start there.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I've thought about doing this but have read on here of negative effects?

Every car we have and the friends cars we have worked on have the EVAP system removed. I would be really interest in the claims about it having negative effects and what facts they are backed up by.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I ripped mine out, no issues.

Yeah, I can't see how there could be an issue. The system catches fuel vapors and runs them through I think it's a charcoal canister system that puts the vapors into the intake tract (motor).

When you remove it your venting the tank to atmo.

KISS.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Only negative effect is there will be 27lb less behind your rear axle. LOL

roberts

forum member
Reaction score
how did u guys vent the tank as i wanna do a evap delete but not sure what goes and what to so anyone got a tear the shit out guide?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just left the hose there and zip tied it up out of the way. Its really self explanatory.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
The one thing I haven't seen mentioned is when having your car inspected. You need to find out the rules for your state when it comes to inspections and how many not-ready / unavailable codes you're allowed.

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I can't see how there could be an issue. The system catches fuel vapors and runs them through I think it's a charcoal canister system that puts the vapors into the intake tract (motor).

When you remove it your venting the tank to atmo.

KISS.

Now if the evap system is supposed to route the vapors into the intake tract there must be a hose that needs to be plugged or you're letting unmetered air into the engine.
It can't last very long like that.
There has to be more to it than just rip that shit out.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Now if the evap system is supposed to route the vapors into the intake tract there must be a hose that needs to be plugged or you're letting unmetered air into the engine.
It can't last very long like that.
There has to be more to it than just rip that shit out.

You remove all the hoses and lines that make their way to the front of the car and cap/plug where the one line goes into the intake.

It can last a long time like that. We have cars around here that have been running no EVAP system since 2007. And not just a few cars.

It is not more complicated than rip everything out, plug/cap the intake, run some sort of vent line from the tank and turn off the CEL in the tune.

Check out this link, post #12. This is how I vented mine. A bit more than is needed, but an example.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118284

Last edited:

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Do you notice a fuel smell?

Just looked up your experiences with stock cams straight up. Damn it. I wanted to to do that. My power goals are a lot more conservative.

roberts

forum member
Reaction score
can u make one of ur vent things? if so pm or where did u get it. I want to do mine but wasnt sure where to vent it to.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back