Kooks Headers Install

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Instructions should pretty much apply to all headers with a few nuances between them.[FONT=&quot]

Thanks again Don for combining the 5 part .doc files.

[/FONT]

Attachments

• Kooks_Install.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,780
Last edited:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Here are all five in one PDF file... :beer:

Last edited:

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Don't make me do this...

But of course you want to. And look at the instructions...Don even went out of his way to put them into one easy document. Can't get much easier than that.:thumb:

And thanks a bunch Don for putting that together. Much appreciated.:clap:

Larmo

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I may consider. PMP is right in my backyard and those guys are great but I'd rather save $400 if I can do this myself. That's a gigantic IF, however.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I may consider. PMP is right in my backyard and those guys are great but I'd rather save $400 if I can do this myself. That's a gigantic IF, however.

I was lucky to have a friend help me. Between us it was a fun afternnoon. We got to bullshit without the wives, you know...bonding shit. We still talk about it. $400 is not as fun in my view.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would have to find someone that really knows their stuff...
I understand. You are Lucky PMP is so close. Those guys are great I'd just gather up the $400 then. :clap:

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would have to find someone that really knows their stuff...

Man, I can't even be considered a backyard mechanic. I can turn a wrench pretty good, but what lacks is knowledge/experience. I blocked off a Saturday and Sunday and got it done, by myself. Yep, it was a major PITA, but after getting that done and hearing that exhaust, it made it worthwhile. Not to mention that it gave me that much more experience/confidence. I used the write-up above and asked a couple of questions along the way on the forums.

If you have the time, space and tools, there's no reason you can't do this mod yourself.

mrmonk7663

forum member
Reaction score
The best way to learn is to throw yourself in the mix and do it. We have done a couple shorty swaps, clutch/flysheel swaps, turbo installs, supercharger installs etc, and we had never done any of these before. We just didn't have the cash for install labor so we tackled the jobs. With patience and a good organized garage and some tall jack stands, you can do just about anything if you are mechanically apt. Once you do it, you'll feel good about yourself knowing the majority of the community couldn't do that if they had to :)

majajh

Reaction score
It sounds like doing it without a helper is a bad idea. Is that right?

bcb06gt

Reaction score
From the write-up, it seems the 05+ LT install is a lot easier than the 96-04. I did BBKs on my 00GT and it wasn't fun. Not hard, but time consuming.

No need to drop the K member, that is nice?

Also, do all 05+ headers allow for the tranny to be removed on a 5 spd?

Lazy Racer

forum member
Reaction score
Reading that .pdf bought back some great memories of fitting BBK shorties on my own! Getting the oil dipstick out was a great way to spend 20 mins! LMAO looking back! Cant wait to swap them out for long tubes this winter! Good job on the notes!

One thing I read was to tighten header bolts from the center outwards, then once finished, heat them up by running the engine and then check them again.

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
The only way to learn is to throw yourself into the mix. Ask a lot of questions before hand, clear out your garage of everything so you have plenty of room to work so you're not flustered, have a friend to help and bullshit and a second brain, have your tune already done, have your instructions printed there ready for you, make sure you have all the tools and read the instructions before hand and go through it in your head. Have car arrangements made before hand so you know even if you don't finish you're covered makes it a lot less pressure. Give yourself a two or three day weekend and if you finish in a few hours...great...extra time to do other stuff.

The only way any of us learn is by doing. I was afraid of tearing down my 4.6L 4V...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back