GT to V6 Grill Conversion. I think It Worked!

Larry_H

Custom Motors Built
Reaction score
Ok....let us in on it!...I hate those huge foglamps in the grilll...I would just as soon they go away, but I dont like the aftermarket grill options...so....do tell!!!

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So far...

I snatched up a V6 grill on eBay about a year ago. They are smaller, about 1/4 inch wide (at each end, overall 1/2") and 3/8ths (short at the bottom).

I'm installing billet grills, V6 upper and GT lower, so my pics may not look right but anyone that just wants to insert a stock V6 grill will not have to do as much trimming. My solution involves removal of all the rear tabs (off the V6 grill) and a few other add-ons. I have been taking pics so I'll update this thread as it goes along. Before I install the final product and show the finished pics, I'm trying to mount my ahooga (claxon to you old timers) horn.

Last edited:

1Fast05Turbo

Flying Low
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had been trying to locate this guy that has a black v6 and installed the gt front bumper cover and grill to see if I can buy his bumper cover and grill. I don't know if anyone here has seen it done, but the 1969 or 1970 Boss mustang front spoiler will fit perfectly in a S197 V6 bumper cover.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was going to get the V6 bumper cover but it has the obvious indentation that says "put front license plate here".

donnyonee

forum member
Reaction score
i have a complete v6 bumper and grills assembly with pony, the fender liners and bumper brace for sale, i had it on for a while but everyone gave me crap for it , guess it looked too much like a sleeper, so i put the gt parts back on, its windveil blue but you can paint it. $150.

Last edited:

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How many RWHP for this mod ?

Not sure about Horse Power. In "Illegal-Alien" I guess it would be about 80 Donkey Power of butt scratchin' torque. Not sure what that converts to in French snails. Probably a billion or so.

Last edited:

Enitalp

The lost guy.
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not sure about Horse Power. In "Illegal-Alien" I guess it would about 80 Donkey Power of butt scratchin' torque. Not sure what that converts to in French snails. Probably a billion or so.

Beware the FI Snail, they are fast.

new%20snailspeed%20logo.jpg

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
There was a honda with a fat exhaust and big windshild sticker dogging me for the first second till he heard the whissle of FORCED INDUCTION.. hahaha. That pic just made me think of him :stfu: sometime makes you want to ask them whats up wit that

1Fast05Turbo

Flying Low
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i have a complete v6 bumper and grills assembly with pony, the fender liners and bumper brace for sale, i had it on for a while but everyone gave me crap for it , guess it looked too much like a sleeper, so i put the gt parts back on, its windveil blue but you can paint it. $150.
Donny, I appreciate it but this guy I'm looking for will more likelly give me the parts very cheap or even free and they are black so I don't have to paint.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Bumper cover going back on the car right now. Damn I hope this works... at least it's not as hot as it was yesterday. For those that may still be considering doing it this way, DON'T.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back