Stop looking for Teksid blocks

BACNBLAK

Old and Wise(guy)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We can all stop looking for Teksid blocks. Here's an excerpt from the September 2007 issue of MM&FF (page 46), the Horse's mouth article on FRPP's new line of aluminum 4.6 crate engines.

Attachments

• aluminator1.jpg
    aluminator1.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 174

1Fast05Turbo

Flying Low
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
FRPP calls it the Aluminator. From what I seen so far is for 4V applications. Are they going to make one 3V specific?

BACNBLAK

Old and Wise(guy)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
FRPP calls it the Aluminator. From what I seen so far is for 4V applications. Are they going to make one 3V specific?

The point is, they are saying the 05 and up Mustang GT blocks are stronger than any previous 4.6 aluminum block.

Last edited:

BACNBLAK

Old and Wise(guy)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm confused, is the article concerning the stock block that's put into Mustang, or aftermarket crate engines from FRPP?

The original poster said "crate engine."

The article is about the Aluminator series of crate engines being offered by FRPP. In the article it is stated that the 05-up Mustang GT block is the strongest 4.6 aluminum block ever built. Hence, no need to find a Teksid block if you are looking for a strong block. I built my motor from a 2005 junkyard motor I found on eBay. Low miles, a lot easier to find, and all my stuff fit without adapter plates, or drilling.

Last edited:

Darth Stang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm confused, is the article concerning the stock block that's put into Mustang, or aftermarket crate engines from FRPP?

The original poster said "crate engine."

It's built using the production 05+ block, that's why it said it's the foundation. Also emphasizes later in the article that it's the strongest production 4.6L block.

This validates several folks arguments that our blocks are fine, it's the crappy internals that keep us from max power!

-Darth

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
That's good to know kevin, I really want to keep with the factory aluminum block in my car.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
People have been saying for quite a while that the S197 blocks are good for big horsepower. The reason everyone gets the Teksid is because...well..lets face it, they are cheap and easy to come by. The S197 blocks are still pretty pricey in comparison unless you stumble on to a hell of a deal. I have every intention of building my lower end on a S197 block platform. Just waiting for them to become a little more economical.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
The reason everyone gets the Teksid is because...well..lets face it, they are cheap and easy to come by. The S197 blocks are still pretty pricey in comparison unless you stumble on to a hell of a deal.
Zackly... when I was building mine, the teksid I bought was 1/2 the cost of a new 3V block. I didn't have the luxury of re-using my stock block.

LSlayer

forum member
Reaction score
Even tho I doubt I've ever go north of 800 hp I plan to stand by the stock block. Good info that will plenty of $$$

BACNBLAK

Old and Wise(guy)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I paid $1500 for a complete junkyard 2005 Mustang GT 4.6 with 11K miles. I sent that engine to VT for building. Dropped right in my car, no adapters or drilling necessary. Sold the stock engine for $1700, so I made $200 on the deal. :clap:

Now don't ask me how much I spent for the VT build, we don't want my wife to find out do we?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back