Stop looking for Teksid blocks

Larry_H

Custom Motors Built
Reaction score
Poorly designed internals, not quite perfect tunes, and bad/wrong fuel are usually the cause of a small problem that invariably turn into a big one at high RPM's....you are certainly right, David!

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
What happened to the stocker?
If a picture is worth 1000 words... here is 3000 words.

DSC06743.JPG

DSC06739.JPG

DSC06736.JPG

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nuff said! My my you're wordy! I guess that was the conrod sticking out the side?

169stang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
spot on Larry.........the right combo for the desired induction, coupled with good tuning and proper fuel is the ticket! I guess a collapsed cat or rough tune doesn't help either...in Don's case:) I don't recall what the conclusion was on that one Don.

My point....Reusing the stock block or if wanting to build while you run the car...A Teksid will do just fine and handle what 99% are putting down....and save you atleast $500.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hawg, are you still runiing your stock block?
Yup. I figure as long as people keep saying 450 is the limit, I will keep running it at 500 :beerdrink:

I've built many strokers over the years and I was fortunate enough to learn the proper way to do it a long, long time ago. So far those lessons have worked out well. Many storkers built, no piston slap yet........................... So, the only way a piston could slap in a mod motor is because the machinist wasn't paying very close attention to the specs.

Hey Larry, just curious. How many 302 mod strokers do you have out there? It's something I have been seriously wanting, but just shying away from because there are so many "slapping" stories out there. Don't think I know of a single one reguardless of the builder that I haven't heard about slap on. So I had just about settled for a 298.

Last edited:

Larry_H

Custom Motors Built
Reaction score
I have about a half dozen. No slap...One of them is being delivered to PMP on Nov. 10th.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damnit...I was hoping you would say none.

Guess I need to start watching bone yards and ebay again.

Larry_H

Custom Motors Built
Reaction score
Boneyards and ebay...what for? I have everything you need...lol

06GT_Vert

Still Stock
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damnit...I was hoping you would say none.

Guess I need to start watching bone yards and ebay again.

Doc for the amount of time your away - just pull it - send it & by the time you get back it will be done...LOL

Kevin@PMP

Reaction score
I am just going by common knowledge of the limits of a nodular iron crankshaft. If you want to be certain install a 4340 forged crank when you build your engine. The 03-04 Cobra crank is a forged crankshaft but I personally believe that the aftermarket cranks such as Eagle or Scat are somewhat stronger. JMHO:oops:
ALL stock Cobra cranks are forged, not just 03/04 cranks. Also, they all come from Kellogg Crankshaft, their specialty is low production specialty crankshafts, they are much better than the average OEM forged crankshaft. The Kellogg cranks are proven at well over 1k hp and they are made in the USA. Personally I would rather have a crank made here than a Chinese crankshaft (Eagle) plus the Kellogg cranks are cheaper. SCAT doesn't have an off the shelf forged 4.6 crank.

BACNBLAK

Old and Wise(guy)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My next engine will be a Ford GT l/b wetsump conversion and a KB 2.8H stage 3 blower.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back