Did the oil filter relocation today

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Perma cool kit from summ and glowshift sandwhich adaptor for oil/temp sensor and oil feed line for the turbo later on.

Here are some pics of the process.
p_00024.jpg

p_00032.jpg

p_00033.jpg

p_00034.jpg

p_00035.jpg

p_00036.jpg

p_00037.jpg

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My check oil light is on right now so im trying to figure out why. There are no leaks and i tripple checked to make sure the in/out lines are correct. Ended up adding 7 quarts of oil as well and im at 3/4 full on the dipstick. I did mess with the headlight wiring abit and i know that wiring issues can give u the oil light as well so i disconnected the battery and checked the fuses and am going to plug the battery back up here in a few minutes and see if it goes away.

DirtyDogOfTheDesert

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't see your oil pressure sensor plugged in anywhere. You did install it on the new piece on the block right?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Didnt touch the stock sensor its still plugged in where it was. In the third pic down on the left u can see it.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Okay ran the car for a few minutes again still have the oil light. I felt the hoses and only one feels pressurized and i got a bunch of white foamy gunk on the underneath of the oil fill cap that wasnt there before, And the engine sounds like its making more noise than usual.

Im thinking maybe the sandwhich adaptor and oil relocation adaptor mounted together on the engine side is allowing the in and out side to mix. Not sure whats up.

Last edited:

DirtyDogOfTheDesert

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You need to double check all your connections, make sure your inlets, and outlets aren't mixed, and possibly even the filter itself.

Something is not right, and it's going to get expensive quickly, if you keep running it.

Racingtheburg

forum member
Reaction score
I'm thinking its not returning oil. Check to make sure there are no caps on the return side. Blow through it with mouth to be sure nothing is in there.

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
sounds like water got in the system, the white foam is what happens when you introduce water to oil and compress it. Are you sure the pressure line is hooked up to the side fitting and the return one is coming out the center on the adapter

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah i agree i dont feel comfortbale running it anymore than i just did. I checked the lines and the engine adaptor is labled in and out and the filter adaptor is labeled in/out. I ran the in to the in and the out to the out. Is that right? Or do i need to go engine adaptor out to filter adaptor in, and filter adaptor out to engine adaptor in. Thats sounds right didnt think of this at the time lol, just was thinking okay in to in out to but thinking about now i might have it wrong.

Last edited:

paydirt

Roll Racer
Reaction score
It probably has something to do with that sensor. Just be warned that glowshift products are pieces of shit. I had a full set of gauges from them and 2 of the 3 stopped working after 1 month. I had air to fuel/boost/and fuel pressure. the afr and fuel pressure quit working for no reason lol. Save the glowshift stuff for the ricers and get yourself a quality oil pressure sensor.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The new oil filter has been out in the garage for a week might have got some moisture in it. The old oil and filter looked fine i doubt there is water getting in from anywhere else.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You need to double check all your connections, make sure your inlets, and outlets aren't mixed, and possibly even the filter itself.

Something is not right, and it's going to get expensive quickly, if you keep running it.

Hey how should the hoses go?

Like this?

engine adaptor out to filter adaptor in, and filter adaptor out to engine adaptor in?

DirtyDogOfTheDesert

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey how should the hoses go?

Like this?

engine adaptor out to filter adaptor in, and filter adaptor out to engine adaptor in?

YES.

You may have also damaged the internal element of the filter by trying to run oil through it backwards. Not to say how the anti-drainback valve would react to this reversal.

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks man you are a livesafer, knew something was wrong just didnt know what. Im going to go drain the oil swap the lines and inspect the oil filter.

THANKS!

DirtyDogOfTheDesert

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lucky for you I've got a couple built shortblocks for sale, so if that knocking doesn't go away after you correct the hoses, PM me for details.

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The drain back valve should actually stop the oil from exiting the filter in that direction. Check the rubber flap that is under the perforated holes to be sure it isn't damaged as it probably was/or trying to hold back 90 psi of motor oil. If you didn't run it for more than a couple seconds you should be fine if there is any damage it should be evident at the cam caps as they are the last thing to recieve oil from the pump.

Good Luck and hope nothing was hurt

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lol thanks guys yeah the car wasn't on very long at all just enough to see that something was wrong. The noise was slight but just slightly louder than the way it normaly sounds. Oil is draining right now about to swap the lines and pull the filter

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back