frame straightening s197' made contact with imovable object

killerbee

Reaction score
Hi, I may have to pull on the front end some, not much. Has anyone done front end pulls?
I'm curious to know how it worked out. any insights or ideas are welcome. I'm maneuvering through Hagerty insurance claims, it seems like it may take a month to get it approved, dang I want to start now, luckily & hopefully my 01 is supposed to have engine in this week, but its been missing from my garage since feb 2023 , didn't see that coming, but is should be a real good 2 valve engine , so i can still go play soon , dang I turned 70 this week, yikes! I need to be playing with my toys before I'm fully fossilized
I love these cars, they both handle better than they should, 01 is a retired Bondurant school car, the 05 has BMR K member and core support adj Koni's ,eibach lowering springs cortex extreme grip watts link white line adj lower control arm, relocation brackets and BMR non adj control arm 499 rwhp on 91 octane its got pretty much everything done for it , they engine has all the right improvements done including beefing trans internals adding oil pump and reservoir plus .81 5th gear. The car is the product of Mike Anderson Moreno Valley (he's also a stage 4cancer survivor!!) ( I haven't told him yet, I hope it's ready for track when he gets here for the optima fastest street car in America event, he owned it for 17 years, and did all the mods he has 2 or 3 other newer mustangs he learned that he owned one too many and had to sell one, I am lucky to find , wasn't looking for another , i bought it 1 year ago today, was doing research for the 01, i think i saw it on racing junk or something like it the day he listed it, ( I had an automatic 05 gt that I loved the look but wasn't that impressed with its stock setup or the pos auto trans from an exploder that uses the rev gear clutches to give first gear engine deceleration drag, it lasted only 1 trip to Santa Monica was fine on way down cruised 395, but the way back, I cruised between highway 1 and 101. manually shifting trans, you know like the said you could, but not really but dang there is a ton of great twisty roads, got to Portland, it wouldn't back up , Thanks ford , I'm rambling on sorry any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks Doug

20240402_110956.jpg

20240402_111048.jpg

20240402_161432.jpg

20240402_161411.jpg

20240323_190151.jpg

20240402_161455.jpg

JC SSP

Reaction score
The car did what it is supposed to do… protect the driver and occupants. Any accident you walk away from is a WIN!

killerbee

Reaction score
I have Hagerty track insurance, with a 25 k set value and $1k deductible i was going to raise it, but oopps I'll post how the experience is , so far it seems it may take four weeks to process claim , it taking 2 wks longer than a public road mishap because of somewhat different criteria . like getting statements from the club that held the event, and the adjuster said that the track owners should have an incident report never having had an incident on track, I doubt it,as they weren't providing corner workers or ambulance, fire or tow service or insurance Ill know more soon

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
IMO, there's too much damage to that S197 to make it worth repairing. The front right frame rail also appears to have been pushed upwards.
I suggest you find a clean S197 4.0 V6 and use its body shell as a recipient for the parts from your damaged (now donor) car.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
I have Hagerty track insurance, with a 25 k set value and $1k deductible i was going to raise it, but oopps I'll post how the experience is , so far it seems it may take four weeks to process claim , it taking 2 wks longer than a public road mishap because of somewhat different criteria . like getting statements from the club that held the event, and the adjuster said that the track owners should have an incident report never having had an incident on track, I doubt it,as they weren't providing corner workers or ambulance, fire or tow service or insurance Ill know more soon

Sucks but thinking positive for you. Somehow I can see the insurance company using the track not having a report, etc against you. Hopefully not.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back