FS: 2005 F1a Procharged E85

05yellowgt

Reaction score
I'm putting my pride and joy up for sale. I've owned the car since July 05 and the body has 50,100 miles on it as of today. The new motor and blower were installed in Feb 09 and the car has ~1,000 miles on it since the install. Below is what I believe to be a complete list of mods to the car. I have to go over it with a fine toothed comb this weekend to make sure i haven't forgotten anything.

Engine
Teksid block 0.20 over
Kellog 3.75 stroker crank
Probe 4340 I-Beam rods
Custom CP pistons (9.3 compression)
stock heads
stock cams
stock intake
stock tb
Meziere Electric Water pump
Fluidyne Radiator
Polished Procharger F1A 4.30 pulley (currently sees 27psi of boost at 7000rpm)

Exhaust
MAC 1 3/4 longtube headers
MAC O/R Prochamber
Bassani Axle Backs

Fuel system
Fore Triple pump hat anodized black
3 GT Pumps
MDM Megadriver
#8 line
3-1 y block
Fore Billet Fuel rails anodized black
FRPP 80lb/hr injectors

Drivetrain
Tremec TR6060
Pro 5.0 shifter
1 piece Aluminum Driveshaft
3.73 FRPP gears
Detriot Tru-Trac
Moser 31 spine axles with 3" studs

Suspension
BMR K-member
BMR A-arms (street version with poly bushings)
BMR sway bar delete
BMR Extreme Anti roll bar
Steeda Adjustable Race UCA
HPM Megabite Jr LCA's with relocation brackets

Wheels/tires
Greg Weld 15x3.5 skinnies
Mickey Thompson Sportsman SR Radials (26X6.00R15LT)
RaceStar 15x10 7.5BS rear wheels
Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial 295/55/15 (less than 100 miles on the wheels and tires)

Exterior
VIS Racing 3" carbon fiber hood\
CDC Aggressive Chin Spoiler painted flat black
69 BOSS 302 style C-Stripes
Factory rear spoiler painted Flat black
V6 rear medallion
Truck flat black

Interior
Corbeau LG1 seats- Wide model black/suede
Shrader Performance Rear Seat Delete
I have the stock front and rear seats in storage. They are leather and the drivers side is power. If you would like them included in the sale or aren't interested in the Corbeau's we can negotiate a deal on price not including them.

The car is currently tuned for E85. The tune was done by Eric Brooks of Brooksspeed. Last June the Car dyno'd 715rwhp/616 rwtq SAE. I'll need to dig up my 715 dyno graph but here is another. I plan on getting the car back on the dyno to double check the tune and the output of the car in the next week or so.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
The car is tuned to run on E85 currently. I can talk to Eric about having a pump gas or race gas tune done if you would rather not run E85 on the car or you don't have it in your area. I have never run pump gas or regular race gas with this car. The beauty of E85 if you have it in your area is that you can pay a fraction of the cost of regular race gas (I pay $2.00-$2.30/gallon on average during the summer). It does cause for relatively poor fuel mileage, but it isn't too hateful at all. I get 10-12mpg in town and 16-17 on the highway.

I am going to clean the car up and get some good pictures this weekend to post up. I have a couple from when I first got the car out this year that I am including now.

I want to be up front about the few negatives that the car has. On the drivers side fender there is a small dent/chip in the paint where a dumb ass neighbor kid thought it would be funny to shoot BB's at my car and my Dad's truck when I was over there one day. The dad said he would pay to fix it but that never materialized. The other negative is that the BOSS Stripes have seen better days and could use replacing and the chin spoiler has encountered a few steep drives and needs a fresh coat of flat black. If interested I could work on getting both of those issues resolved before a perspective buyer and I work a deal.

Now for the goods. The car runs and drives just like a stock car with a P1SC kit on it till you get into the throttle, then hold onto your butt! I can drive this car every day back and forth to work in nice weather if I feel like it, the AC blows cold and the car isn't temperamental at all. The only negative about the drivability I can comment on is that the E85 keeps the car running very cool so it can take a bit of time for the car to get fully up to operating temp in the mornings.

I'm going to put my starting price at $30,000. I'm not in any hurry to move the car. I am only selling it to get my truck paid off to be in better financial standing when our first two children make their debut in February of next year.

I may also be interested in parting the car out, but I'd like to try to move the car whole first, just less hassle that way.

05yellowgt

Reaction score
As far as ET's I'm a HORRIBLE driver I'd like to state first off. I've been 11.24@129 with a 1.74 60' time on different drag radials and 11.12@119 with a 1.62 60ft. The 11.24 run was running 4 degrees of timing short of what the car sees now because the AIT spark adder was way too aggressive for the tune and fuel. The 11.12 run ran full timing, but the coupler going from the blower to the intercooler blew off before the 1000' mark and I let out. That run would have been a 10.80 or so based on the short and 1/8 time. With a good driver this car will go mid 10's on drag radials and low 10's on slicks. I'm just not the good driver that this car needs to go the ET's that it is capable of.

05yellowgt

Reaction score
Thanks man! I'm thinking of tearing some of the go fast goodies off the car and put them up for sale separately if I don't get any good prospects soon.

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks man! I'm thinking of tearing some of the go fast goodies off the car and put them up for sale separately if I don't get any good prospects soon.

I would get in line for the wheels/tires....

blackgt09

forum member
Reaction score
someone needs to snag this one up...it would be a shame to see it torn apart

glws free bump

StangPower05

"Pony Up"
Reaction score
Part it out. I'll take the fuel system plus done of the suspension pieces

05yellowgt

Reaction score
Ok guys I am going to list a new thread in preparations for parting out the car. Sucks to do but I'll survive. I'd like to keep this one open in case a buyer for the entire car comes around. They seem to do that right after the car is torn apart!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back