How many of you balance your wheels you run at the track?

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I shock the tires pretty hard at 6850 RPM. Probably harder then most 10 second Cobras leaving at 4500 RPM or less.

I launch at 6k. It was a twin turbo Cobra (10.77 @ 131). Either way, probably similar to what you're experiencing. I just have never had that much tire/rim movement. I run tubes, so that much movement would end my night.

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
I had my racestar fronts balanced, but the stick on weights would not clear the caliper and I had to remove them. Steering wheel vibrations came on strong at 120 mph without the weights. I need to find a different way to balance them.

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
Drilling holes in new rims may be difficult to do. However, I tore the valve stem off of a tube at 1/2 track in my 10 second Nova. After that, I will always drill anything that has a tube in it.

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
Did you try the hammer on weights on just the inner lip of the wheel?
I had my racestar fronts balanced, but the stick on weights would not clear the caliper and I had to remove them. Steering wheel vibrations came on strong at 120 mph without the weights. I need to find a different way to balance them.

MyFordsFly

forum member
Reaction score

I could see a possible issue with clearance on the caliper. If I couldnt use the stick on weights I would just go unbalanced too. I really dont like the idea of running bead weights at the track.

SlowA$$5.0

Banned
Reaction score
I balance my track wheels only because I drive them to the track, which is sometimes 4 hours away.

There are some beads available that you put inside your tire, but I don't know how well they balance in reality.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back