Caught on tape: LCA failure at NVMC track rental

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The angles are bad--who knew--but this is the run of my son blowing the right rear lower control arm relocation bracket. Jump to 7:57 on the video, although my son can also be seen racing at 2:00 and 5:15. Watch that driver side front tire leap, but I can't see any air underneath:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAmfondxNjU&feature=user

Many thanks to Marcspaz for taping the event and preparing NUMEROUS snippets for all to watch.

John

fordracing

12.84@108 1.89 60' N/A
Reaction score
I give your son a lot of credit for realizing something was wrong and aborting the run... Good job!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
looks like it broke right on the launch huh?

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
looks like it broke right on the launch huh?

Yeah, I wish I had video from behind, but if you look closely you can see the driver's side rear wheel get twisted at an angle as well. Plus, the one still I posted in the original thread shows the fender well all but collapsed around the wheel.

John

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I give your son a lot of credit for realizing something was wrong and aborting the run... Good job!

Yeah, he's heard me yell enought times at folks that blow an engine and drag it down the middle of the lane instead of pulling onto the shoulder. The staging crewman drove up in his off road vehicle, looked underneath, gave him the thumbs up, and he pulled it off the track and waited for me...

John

Stangtuner

Eaton Poosi
Reaction score
It looks painful right from the launch. Definetly weakened after nermous launches, im sure.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Props to your son for aborting. He would have gotten intimate with that wall if he would have kept going.

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
Again props to your son for letting out, it's a lot of fun at the track and you're paying a good bit to race it is hard to abort even the worst runs sometimes when you are young.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back