Cowl hood opinions

NYShelby

forum member
Reaction score
So the last thing i'd like to do to my car is a cowl hood, but i'd like to know people's experiences as far as best fitment & where you got the best price if possible. Looking at the Cervini's, Trufiber, Steeda,VIS ? Pics if you can please. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

striker 5

forum member
Reaction score
steeda full race cowl the shop that did the paint said it was the best aftermarket hood they have seen they work on corvette .

tj@steeda

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Striker,

Thanks for the feedback!

Indeed our hoods are very well engineered and are fully functional in regards to vents and keeping the underhood temperatures reduced.

PM if you have any questions.

Thanks

TJ

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Steeda ultralite cowl, but the paint shop ran into prep issues with the hood (pin-holes/bubbles appeared in places and developed after it cured a few weeks, before painting). It's lightweight, and looks good. I'd buy some other hood next time though.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Another vote for the Steeda race cowl..Fitment was outstanding..And it just looks badass..:naughty1:

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I too have the Steeda Ultralite hood. I believe I am fairly close to you as well lol

attachment

Steeda ultralite cowl, but the paint shop ran into prep issues with the hood (pin-holes/bubbles appeared in places and developed after it cured a few weeks, before painting). It's lightweight, and looks good. I'd buy some other hood next time though.

I have the same issues with mine as well

NYShelby

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the opinions guys, keep em coming. So eventho there was pinholes/bubbles you still like it ?

Ford20 i was in Yonkers last night

tj@steeda

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Ford20,

Can you please reload that picture? I have not heard of our hood bubbling/pinholes becoming exposed so your feedback is important. I have consulted with the Steeda staff and we want to take a look at the pictures to see exactly what is happening.

Please repost it when you get minutes.

Thank You

TJ

NYShelby

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah i'd like to know also, considering texasblownV8 said the same

NYShelby

forum member
Reaction score
Franchi that's what i been hearing, Any pics on your car ?

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I think it may have been an issue with the body shop. I don't have any pictures of it but tomorrow I will grab the camera and take some pictures of it.

For what it is worth the Steeda hood was the easiest hood that the body shop guy has worked on he said. In fact it cost me less than what he had quoted me on it so I got some money back lol

NYShelby

forum member
Reaction score
Well my bodyshop guy is just charging me materials, but want to give him as lil work as possible since he's my brother lol. Just want a nice fit and look. He likes the Cervini

Scuba-Matt

Boost freak
Reaction score
Its always a good idea to have your body shop bake a new fiberglass part before finishing. This will finish the cure of the fiberglass resins.
Most custom paint shops will do this.
Otherwise it can take 6 months for the fiberglass to finish curing on its own, thus leading to paint problems.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
Kaenen Cowl ftw! Everyone that I know that has one says fitment is perfect, and prep is easy. I had one on a fox and it was perfect fitment easy finish.. Going to order one for my s197, just haven't been able to fork over the money for looks over power yet.

striker 5

forum member
Reaction score
no prob's here mines been painted for over 3 months and I realy do like it .

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back