New rims on pre-order

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Going back to 18's to save money on tires. I'll be saving money in the long run plus get back to a slightly smoother ride. Now I just hope this preorder isn't a guage as to whether the manufacture actually produces the tire. Vendor told me they should be available anytime between April and the end of June, which is a pretty wide window.

XXR 531 18x9.5 Flat Black 5-100/5-114.3 [+35mm] (CCW Classic Clones)

53158462N1-2T.jpg

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
Those are what I want if I ever decide to change the look of my car

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
I'm a bit nervous. Not a whole lot of S197's out there to look at with the CCW's for reference. Lot's of 2004 and prior, and most of those are running 9.5 up front and 11's out back. I was going to go with the 9.5 out back and an 8.5 up front with a smaller lip. Decided to just take the chance and go with a squared setup of 9.5's. A little worried if all black would be too much. Thought about the chrome lip with black or gray center but was worried that would really point out how small the center of the rim is because it's a stepped lip. Didn't feel like all chrome really fit the look of my car. I guess ultimately I kind of decided to go with a track racer look.

Chiron

forum member
Reaction score
Those are the same wheels I was going to buy for my New Edge a while back, except in black chrome. The only thing that made me decide against them was the 10-hole pattern.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Nice rims.

Now, when are those silver Drifts going up for sale? :)

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
The ten holes kill it for me, but they look good besides. As far as ccws on am s197, I have seen a few and they look good

Viperrmk

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats! I was looking in to getting those as well but the 521 in silver. What off set did you get?

Here is my crappy try at photoshop. Idk I'm kinda on the fence between my Saleens and the XXR's

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 98

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
There's a shitload of GT500's running CCW's. Do a search on SVT and you'll see some.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Nice rims.

Now, when are those silver Drifts going up for sale? :)

Haha. As soon as I get the new ones. I'll probably just go with some used tires when the new rims come in, mostly because this will allow me to see what different tires look like first without spending money on new ones. I'll try out some 275/40's first. I'd like to actually see what 285/40's on back and 265/40's up front look like. Give it a slightly raked look.

Congrats! I was looking in to getting those as well but the 521 in silver. What off set did you get?

Here is my crappy try at photoshop. Idk I'm kinda on the fence between my Saleens and the XXR's

I went with (4) 18x9.5's with a +35 offset. That will be the same offset/setup that I have with the 19" Drifts. That will bring the edge of the rim right to the edge of the wheel well.

That photoshop with the 521's looks great, and those were what I was planning on going with first, but I did a bunch of research and calculations on them and with the offset those come in the rim is going to stick about 15mm past the wheel well. About 1/2 inch, so you're going to have to make sure you have enough roll in the tire. Would prett much need to run a 275/40 on the 10" rim and make sure your not lowered more than about 1.5". I even looked into getting a local shop to shave about 5mm off the backside of the hub. Really wish those rims had a different offset as I would have really prefered the 521's over the 531's.

Last edited:

tehdixie

the empire business
Reaction score
I assume there a specific cleaners better suited to Matt coatings as well?
Nothing has worked for me as well as plain ole Optimum No Rinse wash mixed to 1.5x potency (3 caps per gallon of water)

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Great wheel choice mfergel! Although I really like the silver drifts that you have now, I think those XXRs are gonna look sick on your car.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Great wheel choice mfergel! Although I really like the silver drifts that you have now, I think those XXRs are gonna look sick on your car.

Thanks. I had actually looked at the ones you're running as well. I realize they are only slightly different in style from the drifts/rtr's/etc. but the machine finished band along the back really sets them off.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back