New rims on pre-order

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
^^ Yeah I put my order in as well this morning (hope thats cool with you - i went for the Platinum ones)

WHAT?????????

Hahaha. What size(s) did you order? You had better not get yours before I do. :)

Honestly, I've been really eyeing those 527's (the second one in my photoshops). They have offsets that would work on our cars but the widest is a 8.75 that works. The curve of the face pretty much follows the same as my SVE Drifts, so aside from the spoke design they are pretty similar. They come in a +35 and a +20 offset. The +20 would only stick out about a 1/4", which is about what I have now in regards to the portion of tire that sticks out.

Stang613

forum member
Reaction score
WHAT?????????

Hahaha. What size(s) did you order? You had better not get yours before I do. :)

Honestly, I've been really eyeing those 527's (the second one in my photoshops). They have offsets that would work on our cars but the widest is a 8.75 that works. The curve of the face pretty much follows the same as my SVE Drifts, so aside from the spoke design they are pretty similar. They come in a +35 and a +20 offset. The +20 would only stick out about a 1/4", which is about what I have now in regards to the portion of tire that sticks out.

HAHA - yeah I got the 18x9.5.. I'm going to mount them on my current tires. I don't have the cash for 19s. I'd rather save for a place. I don't think I'll get mine before you do LOL LOL. I'm hoping they will come sooner than June though, but that's fine I guess. I went for the 35 offset, so I don't have any issues, just in case i want to go lower next time around..

I thought you pre-ordered the black ones?

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
HAHA - yeah I got the 18x9.5.. I'm going to mount them on my current tires. I don't have the cash for 19s. I'd rather save for a place. I don't think I'll get mine before you do LOL LOL. I'm hoping they will come sooner than June though, but that's fine I guess. I went for the 35 offset, so I don't have any issues, just in case i want to go lower next time around..

I thought you pre-ordered the black ones?

I did. I pre-ordered four of the 531's in 18x9.5 +35's in flat black. I had actually thought about going with the 8.5 up front with the +20 (I think) so that it had a smaller lip and showed off the staggered look. Decided the squared setup would probably look more aggressive.

I'm just getting antsy. I like the look of those 527's and they actually have those on hand. If they came in the same sizes as the 531's I'd probably have ordered those already.

Stang613

forum member
Reaction score
I did. I pre-ordered four of the 531's in 18x9.5 +35's in flat black. I had actually thought about going with the 8.5 up front with the +20 (I think) so that it had a smaller lip and showed off the staggered look. Decided the squared setup would probably look more aggressive.

I don't think you can go wrong with the squared setup to be honest.. I'm really pumped for the both of us though.. Too bad we are so far apart we could of done a photoshoot lol

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
My thought was the same as you. I want to go lower, and although I know asianskater is running the 18x10 +25 XXR's, I don't want to have to roll the rear fender, which he's had to do. As much as I like those this car is a daily driver and needs to be functional. I'm hoping with the all black 18x9.5 square that it will have a bit of a 'track car' look to it. I'm going to go with the used tires first just because I want to see if, even though I'll be running square sized wheels, if I want different tire sizes. Right now, I'm probably going to run a 275/45-18. I know I could get away with a 285/45 but I think those were a bit of an oddball size and a bit more expensive. I might even go down to a 40 profile but don't want too small a tire.

What are you running for tires right now?

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
While not quite the same wheel and not quite as wide, I think these 531's will help pull off a look similar to this.

http://www.griggsracing.com/product_info.php?cPath=75_4400&products_id=607

gt500%20complete%202%20ka.com.jpg

Stang613

forum member
Reaction score
My thought was the same as you. I want to go lower, and although I know asianskater is running the 18x10 +25 XXR's, I don't want to have to roll the rear fender, which he's had to do. As much as I like those this car is a daily driver and needs to be functional. I'm hoping with the all black 18x9.5 square that it will have a bit of a 'track car' look to it. I'm going to go with the used tires first just because I want to see if, even though I'll be running square sized wheels, if I want different tire sizes. Right now, I'm probably going to run a 275/45-18. I know I could get away with a 285/45 but I think those were a bit of an oddball size and a bit more expensive. I might even go down to a 40 profile but don't want too small a tire.

What are you running for tires right now?

Definitely, I don't want to roll fenders either..

Right now I'm running 275/40/18s all around. I was going to buy a set of 285/40s but I'll keep what I have for now. They are Falken FK452s. They aren't the best tire, nor were they my first choice, but the BFG's I originally wanted weren't available. 40 profile isn't bad at all though.
Thanks for the picture though - I can't wait though. Should look pretty sweet.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe I will run the 40 profile. Even the Griggs cars are recomminding that. Maybe I'll even run a 275 up front and a 285 out back. I know it's not a lot of difference but I think it would still be noticable.

Recommended tire sizes for 18"x9.5" wheels:
275/40/18
285/40/18

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
I really wasn't sure but I don't think I will. I think I might try a 285/40 in back and maybe a 265/40 up front. I'm going to try used tires first just so I can try some sizes out. Drive for 9 months on them until they go bad so I can make up my mind.

tehdixie

the empire business
Reaction score
Alright, its official. Nobody is allowed to rock the gold 531s on here.

I'm hoping the gold finish really pops on my HG Bullitt.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Alright, its official. Nobody is allowed to rock the gold 531s on here.

I'm hoping the gold finish really pops on my HG Bullitt.

LOL. I had actually thought about the gold as well. I've seen a few where that contrast between gray cars and the gold and bronze rims looks pretty cool. So now there's three guys itching in anticipation of their rims showing up. Man, I sure hope it's closer to May than it is July for those orders to get filled.

Stang613

forum member
Reaction score
I'm out for the wheels.. I am running into some financial difficulties and I can't afford to drop 800 bucks on wheels right now.. fuckin sucks balls.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
I'm out for the wheels.. I am running into some financial difficulties and I can't afford to drop 800 bucks on wheels right now.. fuckin sucks balls.

Well that sucks. Hopefully things change. It's not like we don't have two or three or four months to wait.

For me, ultimately it will only cost me a few $100. I need new tires all around on my 19's. The cost of 19's isn't worth it. I would spend $800 on tires. So, I'll spend $700 on wheels and with what I can sell my old 19's for I can get all new tires for just a little more.

Last edited:

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like they got 31 sets in on April 4th (after talking with them) and they are starting to fill some orders. Thinking mine probably isn't in that batch.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back