05-09 gt vortech v-3 with extras

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
^^ Mmhmm haha..

So im a little confused as to what exactly im getting. What do I need to use it is a better question

Ponyman

forum member
Reaction score
ok you will HAVE to get a belt, relocation bracket for power steering res. (which is nothing more than an L bracket and some hose), upgrade your fuel system, either an oil catch can or the pvc valve thingy from vortech and you should be able to go non-cooled. to go cooled you will need to fix the cooler and get a water pump.
the best thing i can tell you is to go to vortech.com and look at the instructions. all the big stuff is there except for the fuel system stuff and tune. when i bought the kit that is what i did. i have never installed it or tried to install it but i went by the instructions and ordered the stuff that i thought was missing except the few pieces that i mentioned because i wsnt going to pay vortech's price.

Last edited:

AOnorato

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
So tempting...I wanted to wait another year to go FI but you're making it so hard.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to get it sold for you....I posted this thread to the guy who posted in chit chat about wanted a blower/more power.

Ponyman

forum member
Reaction score
hey greg,
i appreciate it. i was only selling because i found a turbo kit that i wanted. but it sold. i would rather go turbo but i guess if it dont sell in the next week i am putting it on. i have a couple of offers of 2k but i have $2500 in it and it is well worth that price. at least i think so. i dont understand why it hasnt sold.

Ponyman

forum member
Reaction score
less than 1500. the guy i got it from never put enough miles on it to do the first oil change. i have the three bottles of oil still in the package.

zxmarekxz

Reaction score
so you want 2500 for the non-cooled or the non cooled with partial liquid cooler setup?

Ponyman

forum member
Reaction score
ok i had little birdy speak to me and said that maybe some are scared because it came off a wreck car. the wreck was on the passenger side. it didnt damage anything but the housing on the intercooler part. nothing else was broken. the resevoir tank that mounts on that side is un-damaged. i havent sent it out to get check but the blower spins free, and the mounting is dead straight. i checked it with a straight edge. the guy i bought it from really didnt know what he was doing when he took it off and didnt take off the lower radiator. so i bought what i was told was a new one. but the blower is good.
gonna leave it on here one more week then i am putting it on.
thanks

Ponyman

forum member
Reaction score
ok well thanks for the input and questions. had a couple of interest but i guess i am gonna put it on.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good luck with the build man, and post up how it goes!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back