07 18x8.5 california specials fit 2010 gt500?

StangEd

forum member
Reaction score
Would a 2010 GT500 be able to run my 07 18x8.5 California special wheels? I would imagine they would clear the brembo brakes, but what about needing spacers?
Was wondering if I could loan my rears to a friend for the track.
Thanks,
Ed.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just rears?

Should be ok, same brakes on the back.

frank s

at Play
Reaction score
The GT/CS 18x8.5 wheels will fit over GT500 Brembo front brakes with the use of one-inch spacers like the H&R items. That arrangement will require trimming 5mm off the ends of the lugs, which would interfere with the wheels. The SVT "Fanblade" 18x8.5 wheels will not require trimming of the lugs, as they have voids in the pertinent spots, but also require the use of spacers. Can't speak with any authority as to whether or not this applies to '10+ GT500s, but it works for 2007-09.

Last edited:

StangEd

forum member
Reaction score
The GT/CS 18x8.5 wheels will fit over GT500 Brembo front brakes with the use of one-inch spacers like the H&R items. That arrangement will require trimming 5mm off the ends of the lugs, which would interfere with the wheels. The SVT "Fanblade" 18x8.5 wheels will not require trimming of the lugs, as they have voids in the pertinent spots, but also require the use of spacers. Can't speak with any authority as to whether or not this applies to '10+ GT500s, but it works for 2007-09.

Oh...well if he can not just remove his rears and put mine on then we will probably not do the deal...he's going to the track this Friday and we would not have time for any sort of modifications. We are not planning on swapping the fronts, only the rears.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
/\ Frank is talking about the fronts, the Brembos, not the rears

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back