127500 comps with twins??

cruisin

Reaction score
I couldn't find anything on this. I did try to search though.

So I've removed my blower, (had a Saleen, 2.95" and 10% OD) it was pretty much maxed.
So now I've stepped up to some turbos. Nothing crazy but from what I can see, the mid to upper range would suit a turbo or turbos.

I haven't put it on the rollers yet but has anyone tried the 127500 with turbo(s)

Obviously to make the most possible, I would have to swap the cams out.

The engine will spin to about 7500. I don't think there is a need to push for any more.
Locks are done, as are the springs with beehives.

I should have it on the rollers before the end of the weekend.

I should add, that I'll be running somewhere around 8-10 psi for the street and 25-30 for track. Likely on the lower end, if the numbers are ok, if needed, I can always run the on higher end for a few passes.
T3/T4 61mm journal bearings.

Last edited by a moderator:

niner555

forum member
Reaction score
I run the 127500's with a single MP T-70 turbo, 10 psi. While I installed the cams when I was N/A, I left them in once I built the turbo system for the car. They have a nice "cammed" idle and I have no issues with spool....by 2600-2700 rpm I am at full boost (.68 A/R) and the car runs strong to 6500 rpm.

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Look up Fuels build thread. He gained a lot of power by switching to a turbo cam compared to the 500's

cruisin

Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks.
I think the key is earlier spool. Power can be added with more boost. The turbos will still have some left in them. The motor will pop before the turbos run out.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
My car peaked WAY to early for that cam. They may have worked better if I would have keep the VCT, but with it locked out they just quit making power at about 4200-4500rpm. If you no longer have VCT, you really need to look into a custom grind cam.

rivercitypony

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, the 127500s are a top end rpm performance grind that are better in a N/A car. They have a tighter LSA around 112 degrees. My tuners like a wider LSA for boosted applications.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back