1st time out with Whipple at the 1320

white_lightning

forum member
Reaction score
Setup is Whipple HO, 8psi pulley (386rwhp mustang dyno), stock suspension, 2010 gt500 take off 285/35/19 Godyear F1 rears on 19" TSW wheels and exhaust, stock 3.55 rear gears

My previous best with WMS 95mm intake, SCT tune, bassani x pipe and corsa exhaust was 14.22 at 100.22mph. 60 foot times in the 2.2 range

The best of my 3 passes last night was 13.26 @ 108.7 MPH. The DA for the night at the track was 4700feet. My 60 foot on that pass was a 2.07 (my other two passes were 13.4's and 60 foots of 2.1...) I did get almost 109mph on my last pass but I spun a bit in 1st.

I was leaving the lights at about 2400 rpm with a little wheel spin but no wheel hop. I dropped the pressure in the tires from 35-25psi for the track.

Corrected for the DA my best pass is a 12.95 @ 111mph.

I was hoping for high 12's with my setup. I'm looking for insight on how to shave a few tenths off. Obsiously drag radials or et slicks will drastically improve my time however that is one mod I am unwilling to do at this point. I don;t want to do gears either. My whole idea is complete street spec at the strip. If anyone can point me in the right direction the help would be greatly appreciated.

Still happy with chopping off a full second from my times but I feel like there is more to be gained...

Last edited:

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Upper control arm, lower control arms

Tires (obviously)

Gears

Converter would help a lot..

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
...Obsiously drag radials or et slicks will drastically improve my time however that is one mod I am unwilling to do at this point. ... My whole idea is complete street spec at the strip. ...
Who says drag radials aren't "street spec"? That's all I have been running for years...

white_lightning

forum member
Reaction score
I guess its street spec. the car is my DD so I like to drive it on the strip like i drive it on the street, so I guess I can;t really complain about its performance, because I don't have the right equipment.

its a manual, so I don't need a convertor. I would consider getting UCA and LCA's but I dont have any wheel hop at launch? Would the LCA and UCA with stiffer bushings help with weight and power transfer and therefore save me time.

KITT

Sell it!
Reaction score
I pulled a 1.68 60 foot this week with totally stock suspension 4.10s and 275/45/17 mickey thompson ET radials! I have no wheel hop problem and untill I have no traction or wheel hop I refuse to spend money on parts I dont need! When you roll up on the track you should hear the tires sticking to the surface as you slow roll into staging. That means great track prep. Launch bout 5500 and stand on it! You would really enjoy some 4.10s.

cdutchess78

forum member
Reaction score
for a supercharger installed,you have some slow times.i just have bolt ons and run a 12.7. is that due to your altitude.if so,remind me never to move to the mountains.lol

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
Obsiously drag radials or et slicks will drastically improve my time however that is one mod I am unwilling to do at this point.
Just buy some 17x8 bullitt rims and have drag radials or slicks mounted on them. Just throw the set in your trunk and back seat and change them at the track. That's what I do. A few tires that will fit the 17x8 are Nitto 05R 275/40/17, M&H racemaster 275/50/17 and M/T ET streets 26.5x11.5x17

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
People have been known to sell slightly used dr's in the classifieds. Some that will fit a stock 18x8.5" rim. Just sayin'

KITT

Sell it!
Reaction score
for a supercharger installed,you have some slow times.i just have bolt ons and run a 12.7. is that due to your altitude.if so,remind me never to move to the mountains.lol

Our track sucks here to but everyone is at the same disadvantage so it even during competion! I run .5 faster with no changes leaving Bristol TN and going to Darlington SC.

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
:wtf1:

I am shocked no one else said anything yet... but why bother to find corrected DA? It's a BS number.
I agree that the number on the time-slip counts but what about the guys N/A and fullbolt ons, and slicks that only run high mid to high 13s with a D/A of 5000' to 6000'. There is no way they would be able to get in to the 12s. Not even John Force driving there car would be able to.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Bandimere Speedway is the highest I know of at 5,800' above sea level. They see DA of 8,000'+. GT's with full bolt-ons and cams are running 14's. That's just the way it is. If they want to go faster, they need to hit another track closer to sea level.

Adjusted / corrected ET's are just another form of internet/bench racing. Hypothetical at best. I'm sorry they have crap conditions, the the only numbers that count are the ones measured and printed on the slip.

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
Bandimere Speedway is the highest I know of at 5,800' above sea level. They see DA of 8,000'+. GT's with full bolt-ons and cams are running 14's. That's just the way it is. If they want to go faster, they need to hit another track closer to sea level.

Adjusted / corrected ET's are just another form of internet/bench racing. Hypothetical at best. I'm sorry they have crap conditions, the the only numbers that count are the ones measured and printed on the slip.
Maybe I am just complaining because the local 1/8 mile track has a D/A of 1600-4200' and I have to break into the mid 8s.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
I am shocked no one else said anything yet... but why bother to find corrected DA? It's a BS number.

I'm not keen on using corrected DA #'s either. Just for fun, though, I took last Friday's time slips to see how much difference the 600-750' DA would have made on my car and it was insignificant (just a couple of thousandths of a second). My best run of 11.850 (750' DA) would have corrected to 11.841. Hardly worth the time to run the calculation.

Granted, 600-750' above sea level is nothing compared to the OP's 4700', but superchargers are not affected nearly as much as N/A cars anyway when altitude (or DA) goes up.

During the summer months, our two local tracks (150' and 250' above sea level) start showing DA's in the 2500' to 3000' range when it gets hot & muggy. We certainly slow down several tenths and the trap speeds drop a couple mph, but we expect it and dial in accordingly.

Last edited:

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
I don't want the OP to think I am busting his chops. I'm just woondering why he ran the numbers and what is driving the interest in adjusted times. I think (and most people agree) that adjusted DA is hokie.

White_Lightning, don't get me wrong, the ET & MPH you are running are great given the DA and the mods you have. I was not that fast with the same mods at 250' DA, and my ET's were 1/10 slower than yours. I did not hit 12's on pump gas until I was cammed, had LT's, and ran DR's.

Keep up the great work... you'll pop that 12.xxx soon enough.

F

FordEvangelist

+1. I have 17x8's w/26-11.5-17 ET Streets and they work great. That tire actually rolls out at exactly 27" tall on a 17x8 rim with 15psi in it.

If the trunk was a tad bigger I could get both in there but have to use the back seat for one as it is.

Just buy some 17x8 bullitt rims and have drag radials or slicks mounted on them. Just throw the set in your trunk and back seat and change them at the track. That's what I do. A few tires that will fit the 17x8 are Nitto 05R 275/40/17, M&H racemaster 275/50/17 and M/T ET streets 26.5x11.5x17

white_lightning

forum member
Reaction score
to marcspaz;

It's all good, I know that racing up here in Mountain air slows me down a touch. I agree that you can really only compare timeslips on the same track on the same night to a certain extent. I was just making sure my car wasn't a slow ass turd! I think driver mod and tires is the common suggestion here. It's embarrasing to have a S/C and run slower times then N/A guys elsewhere...(at my track n/a mustangs with bolt ons runs 14.1 to 14.7 ish)

Last edited:

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
to marcspaz;

It's all good, I know that racing up here in Mountain air slows me down a touch. I agree that you can really only compare timeslips on the same track on the same night to a certain extent. I was just making sure my car wasn't a slow ass turd! I think driver mod and tires is the common suggestion here. It's embarrasing to have a S/C and run slower times then N/A guys elsewhere...(at my track n/a mustangs with bolt ons runs 14.1 to 14.7 ish)

I know speaking with you in the past that you were cocerned with safety and not running to much boost, but at your elevation you could run a 10-11 psi pulley without much worry. Your current power level is modest, even for a stock engine.

Who by chance did you get it tuned by or are you using the whipple tune?

And to improve your times, drag radials, they are must. For example, I'm beating you by 0.3-0.4 seconds in the 60 foot.

white_lightning

forum member
Reaction score
Yup we spoke a bunch Vapour. The mustang shop told me the engine was seeing 8.25psi with my 3.625 pulley (rated as 8psi from whipple) they tuned it on their Mustang dyno. My whipple is a gen 2. is your 445rwhp on a dynojet?

Wow. 0.3-.04 tenths after the 60 foot, thats killer! I guess I failed to realize that lots of ppl lising their 1/4 mile times use dedicated rims/tires for the strip. I might have to invest in that afterall.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back