2006 GT 5 speed clutch line retaining clip

Ready2Rockyou

Reaction score
I have the retaining clip installed front to back - meaning the open end is facing the rear of the car. This is the clip that retains the clutch line on top of the 90 degree plastic fitting on the transmission. I am attempting to break in the freshened up motor and put 150 miles on it. In a trip work to work the line came off. Had it towed home from DC to Baltimore........faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack. I put it on this morning and drove around 10 miles and it came off again. I've never had this many issues with this damn line/clip before.

Any help would make my family happy as I'm yelling at everyone.....

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 13

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
hmm...that would be extremely frustrating...

any chance the clip isnt seated 100%? or maybe bent out a little and loose in there?

could always try taping it :p

Ready2Rockyou

Reaction score
Thanks for tagging in. I suppose so. Just pissed. I tried squeezing it down pretty good and then reinstalled it. It's holding for now. Just drove another 15 miles on it going through the gears. Just want this motor broken in to be able to get it on the dyno. Sad part is there were a flock of Camaros that wanted to be served and I just had to grandpa drive mine through....

2005Redfire6

forum member
Reaction score
That is weird, I have removed that clip on my car and others and have never had an issue with it coming back out. You are positive you are sticking it in the right way? Giggity

nawagner

forum member
Reaction score
Make sure the connector is fully on all the way. I notice when I did my clutch line replace that if it wasn't seated all the way the clip would not "lock" in.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back